This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
Automation Project Engineer
|Waynesboro, Georgia - United States
$85,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Be a key team player for a growing company
- Supporting safety, environmental, and sustainability initiatives that keep both employees and the environment protected.
- Defining and identifying automation opportunities for existing and new processes.Being a champion for automation throughout the plant.
- Challenging existing practices, processes, and equipment to enhance quality and efficiencies and move the business forward. Visiting suppliers and other sites to understand capabilities and opportunities.
- Defining process and equipment requirements for new products and plant expansions.
- Developing equipment specifications and commissioning plans, ensuring that the equipment is safe and meets the needs of manufacturing.
- Determining necessary improvements to the plant processes and equipment by running trials and interpreting results to drive improvements in quality, production rates, and production costs.
- Trouble shooting equipment and developing permanent solutions to address recurring issues.
- in OPEX, Six Sigma, and lean activities to sustain continuous improvement
- Supporting production engineers, maintenance, and other plant functions when needed.
- 3+ years of experience with automated processes for discreet manufacturing required.
- Experience specifying, implementing, and supporting manufacturing automation solutions.
- Knowledge of control systems and process controls for discreet manufacturing.
- Self-starter; willingness to be hands-on with projects and drive them from imagination to implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, effectively prioritize workload and be committed to continuous process improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required.
- Excellent technical and engineering skills, written and verbal communication skills including leading group meetings/projects.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of safety and environmental regulations.
- 0-10% travel required.
- Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree