|Reporting to the Managing Director, Canada & Eastern US, the Business Development Manager responsibilities may include, but are not limited to;
- Develop new and existing sales leads through direct customer contacts, networking, trade shows and through external sales representatives.
- Develop sales and marketing strategies and sales forecasts including researching new target markets and how to position against competitors.
- Participate in and assist with organizing trade shows directly and with Manufacturer’s Representative.
- Support project development for alternative project delivery including design/build, design/build/operate and design/build/operate/finance projects.
- Assist with screening and selecting teaming partners for alternative project delivery and developing non-compete and teaming agreements
- Business and project development activities, including
- Research availability of incentives and related regulations at the local, state/province and federal levels;
- Develop and analyze project costs and economics to assess competitiveness and alternatives;
- Research availability of feedstocks and offtakes for specific project/region; and
- Maintain up to date information on portfolio of projects under development.
- Lead the development and coordination of project proposals by:
- Performing initial screening of RFI/RFQ/RFP with internal team to decide on Go/No Go
- Coordinating between internal staff, external teaming partners, customers and suppliers to develop conceptual solution offerings, strategy and approach;
- Providing guidance and assist with editing and organizing the technical, commercial and financial materials for proposals that are supplied by internal and external stakeholders
- Conducting final review and edit of all major proposals
- Ensure that proposals and agreements are reviewed for technical, commercial and legal acceptance and that all applicable internal approvals are obtained prior to submission/release.
- Provide support to project execution staff as required
- Maintaining positive relationships with clients, contractors, internal stakeholders and equipment vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional work experience in business development, project development, project management, process and application engineering or project engineering.
- Previous experience in industrial or municipal projects related to energy, wastewater treatment, biosolids and/or solid waste technologies.
- Registered professional engineering designation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with an out-going personality that can seize opportunities and move projects forward with limited direction.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and equipment specifications including: PFD’s & P&IDs, mechanical equipment specs, drawings and GAs.
- Results oriented and quick learner with demonstrated success in overcoming obstacles and meeting deadlines
- Analytical mindset with strategic thinking and effective problem solving skills.
- Professional presentation and negotiation skills.
- Team player with proven ability to work with internal and external resources to meet aggressive delivery schedules.
- Strive in a fast-paced, growth oriented organization.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and Powerpoint).
Must either have a valid Canadian passport OR qualify for a valid US Travel Visa and be legally authorized to work in Canada. The Business Development Manager position will be based in our corporate office in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. Willingness and ability to travel throughout North America (and beyond as necessary) is required.