Backend Engineer (remote)
|, - United States
contact recruiter for details
|Benefits / equity
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Working from home, and don't ever want to go back into an office?
Our client is ready to hire an enthusiastic, driven, and capable Back-End Engineer with a desire to push the state of the art. In this role you will contribute to applications and systems that transform the way call centers do business. Our ideal candidates have spent several years architecting, implementing, and deploying robust services and applications with an emphasis on data.
Actively Hiring! Must be eligible for hire in US, and willing to work Pacific Coast hours.
- Evaluate, implement, and optimize data stores for a variety of customer, application, and machine learning data
- Champion best practices for testing, code quality, continuous integration/delivery, and documentation
- Design, build and maintain performant, reliable web services and applications
- Actively contribute to code and design reviews alongside other engineers
- Mentor other engineers in back-end development practices
- Contribute feedback to product and engineering processes
- At least four years of professional experience with working with the modern SaaS languages such as Ruby, Python, JS/Node, Elixir, Go, or similar languages
- Experience creating, monitoring, and maintaining public-facing APIs
- A deep understanding of HTTP request lifecycles
- Previous work with relational and non-relational (NoSQL) data stores such as PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, and Redis
- Comfortable breaking down and modeling complex data
- A BS/MS in computer science or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to communicate ideas to technical and non-technical colleagues
- Experience working on SaaS or ML / NLP focused products is great, but not necessary
- Prior experience designing, implementing or integrating authentication and authorization libraries and services
- Exposure to container-based development and deployments
- Prior experience with AWS or similar cloud providers is beneficial
- Previous work in a Scrum/Agile-based team
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree