Business Development/Sales, Optical Systems Life Science Market
|San Jose, California - United States
contact recruiter for details
|Bonus + Commision
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Business Development/Sales Manager will maintain existing accounts and develop new customers in the Life-Science Market. You will manage the customer base on the West Coast territory based in the Bay Area,CA for the optical systems and components product line. You will manage and drive all phases of the sales process, including lead and opportunity generation, qualification, close, and post?close debriefings
- Support sales strategies and execute on those with the objective to generate new key accounts and to grow the business with existing accounts.
- Develop strong relationships within the market area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Function as primary point of contact for the customer and support inside sales in resolving issues with customers.
- Provide and present timely quotations and coordinate technical effort with R&D, engineering, program management, and manufacturing.
- Develop, present and negotiate NDAs, master service and/or supply agreements (MSA) with customers
- Maintain customer relationship management (CRM) and provide relevant market data
- Active involvement in development and execution of budgets, forecasts, quotes, and contracts for the assigned and markets.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Support marketing activities such as tradeshows when required.
- 5+ years’ of sales experience in the healthcare and life-science industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Microbiology with focus on diagnostic imaging.
- Successful history of selling high value custom OEM products and application solutions in the relevant markets.
- Demonstrated success in developing close relationships at the top management levels within relevant markets.
- Ability to work closely with technical and non-technical professionals at different levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to prepare and present effective technical product presentations, and communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFQs, and reports.
- Must possess sound business judgment, the ability to achieve goals with minimum supervision and provide leadership that extends beyond his/her direct responsibilities.
- Must possess “soft skills”: conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experienced with (CRM) Customer contact management software (e.g. SAP-CRM)
- ERP Software (SAP or similar).
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and to operate as a team player.
- Ability and willingness to travel, including internationally.
- US. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree