Business Unit Controller
|Waukegan, Illinois - United States
contact recruiter for details
|10% bonus, equity ($10-15K more yr)
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a multi-billion dollar manufacturer of electronic instrumentation; and we have an immediate Controller role with a power systems and equipment division. They have an exciting role for a Plant Controller. This is hands-on, on-the-floor finance role seeking strong forecasting, financial planning and analysis skills, cost accounting, strong leadership and business acumen, and hands-on. Must be polished and able to present to corporate when necessary.
- Be a strong business partner to the executive team; from a strategic and tactical perspective
- Drive financial results of the business, managing financial accounting, planning, forecasting and analysis including sales target revenue, inventory, working capital and profit margin.
- Drive unit performance in achieving budgeted and forecasted financial metrics
- Oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization, closing books on the Plant Monthly.
- Provide timely and accurate financial statements, analysis of budgets, financial trends and work with the sales and operations teams on forecasting
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the executive team and make actionable recommendation on both strategy and operations
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Participate in special projects, including acquisition opportunities, and compile a variety of special reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance required, CPA Desired
- 4-10+ years of finance/accounting with at least 5+ years in manufacturing (required)
- Experience with a public accounting firm and CPA preferred (not required). Public company experience required
- Have strength in Cost Accounting
- Must have strong experience in reporting and compliance.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff, set goals and objectives to meet Business Unit goals as well as the proven ability to select talent and develop subordinates.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree