CONFIDENTIAL VP of Finance
|Sacramento, California - United States
$105,000.00 - $180,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Stock Options and a very comprehensive benefits package.
Hunt in Silicon Manufacturers like Intel, NVIDIA, & Xilinx, etc.
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are seeking an experienced VP of Finance for an Elite Series C funded, growth stage company. This is an operational role, reporting directly to the CEO, who would be tasked with daily operations of financial management and long term strategic development activities to build the business management and oversight tools. This candidate, if successful as VP of Finance, should aspire to grow into the CFO position as the company expands.
Daily Operational Responsibilities
- Design, establish and maintain a finance organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments' goals and objectives. Develop a mix of full-time employees and contractor resources to meet the workload requirements of the organization.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Analyze the company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets. Issue monthly status and ad hoc report to senior management.
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Prepare and review tax schedules, returns and information
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts, including cash flow reporting
Strategic Planning & Corporate Management Responsibilities
- Prepare and present finance reports during periodic (e.g. monthly) board meetings
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs. Come up with models for financing, capital raises, cap table scenarios etc.
- Work with department managers to develop five-year business plans
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance
- Provide oversight to the finance operations in our subsidiary corporations, ensuring their reporting and integration with the parent company is compliant with all regulatory requirements
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees
- Drive contract negotiations and provide financial guidance on product investment decisions
- Develop currency hedging/treasury policies to take maximum advantage of our diverse geographic range of operations and commercial activities
- Interact with venture capital partners
Vendor/3rd Party/Government Relationship Management
- Develop and coordinate relationships with lending/financial institutions
- Manage relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance, audits, 409As etc.
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes
- Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, and the general public. Serve as primary government liaison relative to financial issues.
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Executive sponsor for pan-corporate quality and compliance programs such as QMS and ISO. Define and implement the company programs and policies for related programs.
- Manage the IT and HR departments as the company grows. Prepare to develop them into stand-alone entities once they reach critical mass.
- Manage the legal & contracts documentation system. Develop resilient & secure storage and archival system to collect, store, track and audit these documents and agreements.
- 10-15 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience
- Experience working in a growing startup environment strongly preferred
- Experience in an electronics technology firm, one building computing systems, will distinguish a candidate
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to at least $50 million in annual revenues
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree