|West Columbia, South Carolina - United States
$40,000.00 - $60,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Calibration Technician to perform in-house calibrations of equipment monitoring device affecting product quality. This candidate will assist with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required.
- Calibration of all critical instruments used in drug manufacturing facility per established calibration test methods in accordance with in-house calibration procedures within scheduled time frame. E.g., Temperature and humidity controllers and chart recorders, thermocouples, humidity sensors, pressure test gauges, pressure transducer, pH meters, pipettes, check-weighers, oven, furnaces, temperature and data loggers, thermometers, temperature chambers and load cells.
- Write new calibration procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Technical Degree in electronics or instrumentation (2yrs) and/or equivalent experience as calibration technician in the <span "text-decoration:="" underline"="">Pharmaceutical Industry or a regulated industry.
- Minimum 2 years calibration experience
- Minimum 2 year clean room environment.
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Calibration Training.
- The ability to set clear targets and use performance measures to assess risk and opportunities in order to effectively manage the assets of the business.
- The ability and willingness to change direction and focus to meet shifting organizational and business demands.
- The ability to effectively manage one self, demonstrates integrity, be productive under pressure, and achieve development goals.
- The ability to create new products and processes that add value to the Business, by generating new ideas and applying creative and analytical approaches.
- Specific expertise, skills and knowledge within calibration gained through education and experience.
- A well-developed knowledge of the consumer/customer demonstrated through continuous efforts to exceed their expectations.
- The ability to utilize knowledge of the competition to determine business strategies and decisions.
- A broad perspective that aligns decisions to organizational objectives and long term consequences of day-to-day activities.
- The ability to take strategic objectives and accept accountability to drive results through effective actions.
- Position requires bending (waist to floor), climbing (2 to 4 feet), lifting (up to 20 lbs), reaching, vision (20/20), standing (70%), sitting (20%), typing, hearing, and walking (10%).
- The ability to manage a multitude of resources and to be accurate and current with data and information.
- The ability to take strategic objectives and accept accountability, motivate and influence others thinks globally and leverages diversity.
- The ability to create and contribute environment that values people, encourages trust, teamwork, and open communication, and provides participation, learning, feedback and recognition.