Chemical Process Engineer
|Delaware, Ohio - United States
$90,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Have made placements earlier this year with this company.
I previously worked with the VP Manufacturing/Engineering and will get quick response for great candidates.
Location is about an hour from Columbus, OH
The Process /Technical Service Engineer will be responsible for modifying and optimizing current chemical manufacturing processes as well as designing and developing new processes at all the company manufacturing sites in North America.
- Apply engineering expertise, analyze data for trends, and identify process & operational improvements for current plant processes.
- Drive improvements, process optimizations, and improved process control to enhance product quality, yields, energy and other cost improvements
- Design and develop new processes for new products.
- Promote a culture of working safely and applying safety related concepts into process design.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and apply root cause analysis techniques and creative alternatives to plant and process related problems
- Maintaining effective communications and working relationships with operators, maintenance, plant managers, contractors, administrative support, and R&D personnel
- Coordinate with plant managers on capital project management to include coordination of all phases of capital projects from business justification to start-up including scope development, evaluation, selection of technical alternatives, construction management, installation and start-up
- Assist plant managers with process standardization, upgrades, troubleshooting, maintenance issues and scheduling, etc.
KEY: Process Engineering: Controls, Optimization, Troubleshooting, Environmental, Safety, Cost Improvement, Efficiencies & Throughput
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Ideally 8-10 years’ experience in chemical process engineering and/or process development
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) preferred
- Preferably Operations management or Project management experience
- Chemical batch processing experience is a plus
- Direct, chemical plant production involvement
- Able to travel to the various North American operations (75% travel)
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree