Chemical Production Manager
|Freeport, Texas - United States
$125,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|10% Bonus Opportunity
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Global Company with booming business seeks a Chemical Production Manager for the Freeport TX site Chemical Engineering degree preferred
Global Company and long time client seeks a Production Manager for their Freeport TX plant.
Salary up to $155k with 15% bonus opportunity. Relocation assistance provided.
DUTIES: This person will report to the Sr Production Mgr who in turn reports to the Plant Manager. Will have 5 direct reports and 52 indirect. This is a non union plant. Will ensure production numbers are there and will do some hands on Engineering as well. Visible position with this profitable company.
This is a 200 person plant position is open due to retirement.
Below is the clients description.
General Description: Responsible for the management of the technicians and day to day production activities related to the operations of the site bulk production units.
Manage daily activities of Production Operation:
- Develop and maintain procedures, plans, and programs to ensure Production output meets all S&OP requirements for customer demands associated with bulk products manufactured at Texas Operations.
- Direct Production Technicians to ensure the production units operate in a safe, efficient manner.
- Provide off hours technical support in areas of responsibility.
- Lead and actively participate the Guiding Principles of the Responsible Care Management System and contribute to the sustainability of the OSHA VPP Program by continuing to uphold the principles demonstrated as a Star site.
- Maintain the intent and integrity of the Functional Safety Program to ensure a safe operating facility.
- Cultivate a more highly skilled, motivated, and effective department through direct, focused communication.
- Manage the production technicians in their growth, development, and compensation.
- Assist as required in the implementation of self-directed work teams at Texas Operations.
- Lead / Administer procedures and practices to promote safe work.
- Participate in the analysis of accidents, incidents and near misses to include recommended corrective actions that will reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
- Provide for the appropriate testing, maintenance and replacement of all equipment necessary to meet the needs of this companies, Texas Operations in the Production areas.
- Ensure the Production Department adheres to the principles of ISO 9002.
- Provide support, as needed, to the Senior Production Manager
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree, preferably Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years in Production/Operations roles in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, TrainingMine and Communicator to interact effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Corporate Competencies are Important. The following Corporate Competencies are of particular importance for this position:
- Result Leadership: Gets Things Done
- Personal Leadership: Positive Attitude and a leader for the production technicians
- Employee Engagement: Engages and motivates diverse styles
- Teamwork: Ensures collaboration across department boundaries.
- Communication: Able to resolve conflicts and persuade others with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Sense of Urgency: Ability to meet deadlines, understand what is important and to determine when an issue needs to be elevated in priority
- Specific Functional Competencies:
- Maintain the daily operations at Texas Operations with the mindset of Operational Excellence and continual improvement.
- Pass medical physical exam by company doctors and remain capable in accordance with the prescribed “Fit for Duty” job analysis.
Experience: BS Chemical Engineer or related with 10-25 years experience with at least 5 of those years with supervisory experience.
This candidate should come from the Chemical Process Industry where unit operations are applied. Specifically Reaction, Distillation, Pumps and Piping. Six Sigma, and PSM are desired.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree