|El Dorado, Arkansas - United States
$60,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a global specialty chemicals company operating in 19 countries with approximately 19,000 employees, growing through recent acquisitions. The Company offers competitive salaries, a wide array of benefit options, and an exceptional retirement savings plan. They consider their employees, “Our greatest resource”!
An opening exists at their Bromine production facilities in southern Arkansas for a Chemist II These three plant facilities have approximately 450 employees and operate as a Responsible Care facility. This beautiful, outdoor environment offers a community of friendly people with true southern hospitality. The community of approximately 18,000 people, has a small community college, a hospital, shopping amenities, and only a couple of hours drive from Little Rock, AR or Bossier City, LA. Most people who work at these facilities live within an hour of the plant sites.
The successful candidate for the Chemist 2 position will be responsible for developing innovative chemical processes that contribute to new product development for the Polymer Additives business. The Chemist 2 will provide relevant lab data for scaling the chemical process into the pilot plant and will provide chemistry and lab support during pilot plant campaigns. The position also has significant role in supporting the manufacturing units at the El Dorado site to troubleshoot and solve issues with process chemistry. In addition, the position will also work with operations and engineering teams to provide chemistry and lab support for cost savings, capacity expansion and continuous improvement programs for the site.
- Design experimental plans and programs to develop new processes that meet defined business and market needs on assigned projects
- Conduct lab experimentation on assigned projects to gather needed data for scale up to pilot plant; interpret data to form conclusions and recommendations to other team members
- Provide support to pilot plant operation through lab studies and specialized analytical testing
- Troubleshoot chemistry issues that impact a unit’s operation and production of quality product
- Conduct lab experimentation to execute cost savings/efficiency projects identified by operations/engineering
- Develop analytical methods to support new product and process development
- Run specialized and developmental analytical methods that are not yet validated for quality control use in support of lab work and pilot plant campaigns
- Report results and conclusions to supervision, project team members and other stakeholders via written reports, formal presentations and informal discussions
- Conduct all work activities safely in accordance with good lab practices and site policies; actively contribute to maintaining a safe working environment in the lab
- B.S. in Chemistry minimum is required, M.S. in chemistry a plus
- 10+ years of laboratory experience is required, preferably working on process development and scale up projects
- Experience in analytical chemistry in conjunction with conducting lab synthesis experiments; i.e. use and maintenance of instruments such as GC, GC-MS, FTIR, IC; method development a plus
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills with respect to chemistry issues
- Ability to work independently on assigned lab projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment as an individual contributor to the project
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex scientific results to stakeholders having varied scientific backgrounds
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a preferred
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree