|Eugene, Oregon - United States
$75,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This role manages, supervises and coordinates the duties of Medical Assistants and the overall flow of patients through the clinical area.
Location: Eugene, OR
Medical Assistant Supervision:
- Selects, schedules, assigns and evaluates staff. Provides feedback on performance on an ongoing basis, as well as providing an annual written performance review.
- Orients new staff and ensures that training and education needs are met.
- Approves final weekly staffing schedule for medical assistants.
- Mentors and coaches new and existing staff.
- Ensures scheduling of regular in-service education meetings for medical assistants
- Analyzes workflow of clinics and provides feedback/modifications as necessary
- Coordinates with Human Resources to provide disciplinary action, as necessary.
- Prepares and leads routine department meetings.
- Mediates conflict between staff members. Coordinates with Director and HR as necessary.
- Serves on committees and attends meetings related to clinical operations
- Oversees the triage team
- Assists Director of Clinical Operations with other duties as assigned.
- Speaks with patients regarding complaints involving:
- Medical Assistants
- Concern with physician- escalated concerns to be referred on to Director of Clinical Operations
- Delays or concerns in care
- Interfacing with triage in areas such as interactions with medical assistants and schedules
- Process improvement activities related to patient education and related topics
Supervision responsibilities for all medical assistants working and triage team in the clinical areas. Is responsible for the daily direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Education and/or Experience:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) preferred, but not required for this position
- Experience overseeing a larger staff of 10+ in a hospital/medical office/clinic, standalone medical clinic preferred
- Strong understanding of the dynamics of a private (MD owned) medical practice
- two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual, with Spanish as a second language.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, staff, patients and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and ability to use a computer, including NextGen EMR, EPM, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to type by touch at least 45 WPM.