Commercial Banking Regional President
|Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - United States
$145,000.00 - $210,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Traditional - financial institution
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Commercial Banking Regional President - Opportunity Overview:
As a result of organizational expansion, our client is seeking a Regional President for their Western PA region.
The Regional President is responsible for all key performance indicators for each market within the Region and guidance of the Bank’s activities to assure short and long-term profitability. As a senior leader, the Regional President assists in developing overall strategic plan objectives and goals, company policies, and business goals for the markets in the Region to position the Bank for sustained business growth and meeting of profitability targets. The individual is expected to set a strong leadership example in representing the company’s value system and cultivate meaningful employee engagement that results in growth and development opportunities for teammates. The person will represent the client’s commitment to “localness” by holding teams accountable for active community engagement and leadership.
This is Senior Leadership Team position with responsibility for the performance of the bank’s Western PA region. As market expansion continues, there is the possibility of modifications to the delegated market responsibilities. The Regional President is ultimately responsible for all key performance indicators for each market within the region and guidance of the bank’s activities to assure short and long term profitability.
Commercial Banking Regional President Opportunity - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents the bank throughout the Western PA region in a manner aligned with the client’s aspiration to be the financial institution of choice and recognized as a top business leader in all of our markets.
- Primary responsible for guiding sales and business development efforts in the region; sales management efforts should include focus on loan growth, deposit growth, non-interest income growth and cross-functional referral activity to support all business objectives of the company.
- Accountable for overall profitability of all markets making up the region; includes accountability for pricing disciplines, net interest margin management, optimization of non-interest income, and operating efficiency within defined company targets.
- Chiefly responsible for overall asset quality for the region, holding Commercial Lending Officers accountable for maintaining safety & soundness within defined risk parameters and credit culture expectations for the company as a whole.
- Principal responsible for representing the client bank’s culture of responsibility throughout the region with an emphasis on communication; cultivation of employee recognition, engagement & teamwork; consistent performance management; and ongoing professional growth and development of associates.
- Meets or exceeds annual goals as pre-established that are aligned with the strategic plan.
- Meets or exceeds budgeted ROE, ROA, or other key metrics.
- Retains key senior team members, minimizing unwanted turnover.
- Direct reports will include Lending Officers and others as appropriate for the variety of markets in the region; responsible to and for those direct reports and making sure they are held accountable for their performance; responsible for staffing throughout the Region (hiring, firing, salary administration) and safeguarding all is consistent within HR administration guidelines.
- Embodies the aspirational standard for exceptional customer experience, as defined in the bank’s long-range strategic plan and sets the tone of this standard throughout the region; this includes ownership of customer experience recovery associated with service complaints within the region.
- Has an acute familiarity with the most profitable customer relationships in each of the markets defined for the region and supports bankers throughout the region in business development and customer retention activities.
- Tasked with full responsibility for cultivating high level of engagement of members of Local Advisory Boards of Directors as ambassadors for the bank in our communities; may serve as the designated chair for all local advisory boards within the region; works with all region employees to ensure advisory board member performance is consistent with our expectations for advisors to be strong source of community influence and engagement in the markets and a source of new business referrals for the bank.
- Participates in all strategic planning activities and embraces ownership of appropriate strategic execution priorities as assigned.
- Expected to lead by example in alignment with the company’s Servant Leadership philosophy
- Will be expected to take responsibility to ensure that internal and external customers receive outstanding service.
- Will adhere to compliance with laws concerning financial institutions
- May be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
- The leader will be expected to keep current on trends and business conditions in the banking and market areas as assigned; remain current on changes within the legal, regulatory, economic, competitive, and technology environments which may impact operations to the bank, and support adaptability to change which is imminent going forward.
- This executive may be asked to complete special assignments as directed by the President or CEO.
Commercial Banking Regional President Opportunity - Required Qualifications:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related area or equivalent combination education and experience. MBA degree or related graduate level education desirable. Completion of graduate level banking school.
- A minimum of 10-15 years banking experience in a role with proven management and leadership skills. Banking experience must include leadership in a combination of the following areas: commercial banking, retail banking, mortgage, wealth management, and marketing. Previous President Role in a similar sized Bank preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the Board(s) of Directors, President, CEO, managers, employees and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to provide work direction to others, communicate expectations and manage and appraise the performance of others. Ability to direct the business development activities for the defined region, drawing on personal expertise in sales.
- Exhibited capacity to interact constructively and effectively with all constituencies.
- Established ability to develop, communicate and implement strategic initiatives within a market and ensure organizational, regional, and/or market level objectives are met.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree