Commercial Lending Relationship Manager
|Valdosta, Georgia - United States
$90,000.00 - $155,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Traditional - financial institution
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Commercial Lender & Relationship Manager (Business Development Officer)
One of the most stable financial institutions in the United States is seeking a well-rounded Commercial Banker servicing multiple sub-market options in the Atlanta, GA area and surrounding areas! Management is supportive and accessible but not controlling! No "product of the day" widget selling or sales campaigns!
Commercial Lender - Relationship Manager and Consultative Business Development Officer
As a vital member of the client's Metro Atlanta Commercial Banking team, you will be asked to proactively identify, develop, service, and grow all types of commercial clients (C&I, Owner Occupied CRE, and traditional CRE) relationships in the vibrant Chartlotte market. The bank offers a full array of loan, deposit, and other non-credit services to existing and prospective commercial clients. As needed, refer personal financial needs of business clients to appropriate consumer banker.
Critical Duties and Tasks:
- Safeguard commercial banking relationships are fully developed, including specific efforts to serve the retail banking needs of the clients' owners/management/employees by partnering with various ancillary business partners including, but not limited to: wealth management advisors, private bankers and relationship managers. Appraise and extend credit and terms in accordance with policy and lending authority.
- Formulate and present/recommend to advanced authority, individual, or committee any loans in excess of authority.
- Represent the client bank in the community by actively participating in civic affairs and local and professional organizations to identify and develop new clients and enhance the Bank's image.
- Monitor loans to ensure comprehensive conformity with terms and to determine any developing trends.
- Thoughtfully solicit potential and existing clients to preserve productivity and profitability in lending and non-lending relationships.
- Handles loan requests and effectively demonstrate a general understanding of significant technical aspects of lending, and has a clear understanding of the fundamentals of credit and finance.
- Partner with bank executives and credit officers to develop skills in prospecting, client management, call execution, and credit underwriting.
- Advance, approve, and service commercial loans for business and individual clients within parameters of authority.
- Interview commercial loan applicants to develop financial and credit information, to determine needs, abilities, earnings, and risk; request needed information, such as financial and operating statements.
- Monitor, maintain and apprise sales activity, pipeline, and other relevant information using the client bank’s contact management system.
- Keep well-informed of varying business and economic changes which impact the loan portfolio, its profitability, and banking in general.
- Assume accountability for proper documentation and review of accounts.
Education & Skills:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Extensive knowledge of PC applications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
- Graduate of a bank sponsored formal training program or equivalent professional experience at another financial institution
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience
- Strong understanding of credit and finance
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree