Commodity Category Buyer - S (HS-7226)
|Hermann, Missouri - United States
contact recruiter for details
|**** This Company offers very competitive salary and benefits package *****
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Category Buyer - S - Missouri
**** This Company offers very competitive salary and benefits package *****
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is assisting an established Ag Employer in its search for a Category Buyer to serve in this Food Processing/Manufacturing business. The successful candidate will join a growing team within this exciting company. Duties of this Position to Support the Sugar Categories Manager will include (but not be limited to):
- Develop relationship with vendors to source quality key ingredients/materials and distributed goods.
- Develop expertise in the market and business of specific assigned commodity(ies) including all related trade policy regulations.
- Work with Vendors to to purchase raw materials within the guidelines provided by senior managers.
- Assist in the management of contracts, positions, volumes and contract assignments.
- Assist in tasks related to price discovery and pricing practices.
- Provide assistance with measuring, reporting, and auditing ownership and risk positions related to assigned commodities.
- Work closely with others to efficiently coordinate logistics for routing assigned commodities to and through company distribution channels.
- Help achieve category objectives for volume and margin on distributed products.
- Achieve targeted competitive cost and budgeted costs for assigned commodities.
- Travel to vendors and industry functions related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Work with senior managers to source stressed product for use in animal food.
- Bachelors Degree in Agri-Business or a related field
- 10+ years Experience Merchandising/Trading (Food Processing Industry Experience Preferred)
- Experience managing commodity risk positions.
- Experience with commodity markets, freight markets and recognizing market opportunities
- Positive Attitude and the ability to motivate others.
- Proven ability to internal (staff members) and external (client/customer) relationships
- Must be highly motivated and well organized, able to think and act independently to meet company objectives.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree