Compliance Officer (RIA, Wealth Management firm)
|New York City, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity with a rapidly growing RIA, great team of highly credentialed, enthusiastic people, practicing holistic and interdisciplinary wealth management for Ultra High Net Worth clientele.
Compliance Officer (RIA, wealth management firm)
New York, NY.
Requires: Experience working in compliance for an RIA, including familiarity with regulatory exams, AML programs, and federal and state regulations impacting wealth management operations.
Our client, a thriving, independent wealth management firm and Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) focusing on ultra-high net worth (UHNW) clientele, is seeking a proactive Compliance Officer to safeguard the firm’s processes and ensure best practices
Responsibilities of the Compliance Officer:
- Oversight and administration of compliance functions and policies, including the day-to-day operations of the firm.
- Familiarity with and ability to analyze and assess relevant regulatory developments impacting wealth management, including SEC, IRS, NYSE, and FINRA rules and regulations, and applicable states laws and regulations.
- Responsible for compliance with FinCEN, OFAC, SEC, CIMA, AML, and Gram-Leach-Bliley regulations and the organization’s employee education on relevant provisions.
- Serve as the firm’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Officer and oversee responsibility for coordinating and monitoring the AML program. Maintain the firm’s compliance with applicable AML rules and regulations. Prepares Suspicious Activity Reports as necessary.
- Manage the firm’s interactions with various regulators such as SEC exams and any inquiries.
- Development, execution, and management of all new compliance strategies and initiatives.
- Ongoing review and assessment of new regulatory developments for all business lines.
- Provides guidance, advice, and/or training and educational programs, to improve staff understanding of related laws and regulatory requirements.
- Management of the annual compliance review process – updating compliance policies and procedures, manuals, and best practices.
- Manage the compliance review of all marketing materials.
- Lead the firm’s compliance training and ensure adequate training is conducted and completed.
- Ensure adherence to complex privacy and confidentiality laws for individuals.
- Prepares various compliance risk assessments and conflicts of interest reports for review by executive management.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with essential business partners, colleagues, and key stakeholders.
- Interface with external compliance consultants or authorities as needed.
- Provide recommendations for improving compliance practices, ensure resolution of compliance issues and serve as a problem-solving resource.
- Assist with annual compliance program review and testing.
- Maintain and update the firm’s compliance manual and disclosure brochures.
- Maintain documentation, tracking, and evidence of reviews completed according to established protocol.
Qualifications of the Compliance Officer:
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in Compliance programs for a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA). Previous experience as a compliance specialist is strongly desired.
- Knowledge and experience with SEC (including the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisors Act of 1940) and FINRA rules and regulations.
- Experience in leading regulatory exams.
- Strong expertise with investment advisory, broker-dealer, and product compliance programs and requirements.
- Knowledge of compliance considerations for varied asset classes, including alternative investments, stocks, mutual funds, and fixed income.
- Experience in compliance considerations of private funds.
- Experience in managing compliance and supervisory programs related to client investment management and back-office functions.
- Ability to manage compliance training programs, conducting or arranging modules as needed or documenting external certifications of staff
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication skills
- Displays initiative and is self-driven, with a proactive compliance approach
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree