This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Brampton, Ontario - Canada|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||Local|
Our client in Brampton is looking for two Compounders to join our Production department for full-time permanent position. (3-shift rotation)
The main responsibilities of this position include cleaning, setting up and operating manufacturing equipment as part of the process of compounding pharmaceutical creams, ointments and liquids
· Completing G.M.P. documents, such as the Batch Record, cleaning & sanitizing logs, housekeeping logs and other documents / log records pertaining to manufacturing
· Following safety rules/regulations and reporting any workplace injuries or accidents, assisting in the improvement of equipment safety related procedures when required, and washing and sanitizing compounding rooms and vessels
· Compounding batches as per SOP’s and Master Formulas. Report discrepancies and deviations in a timely manner to compounding lead hand or supervisor
· Dispensing raw materials when required
· Performing accurate inventory transactions using the ERP system, BPCS
· Maintaining a clean and organized working environment. Being familiar with 5S processes and Lean Manufacturing Concepts
· Participating and assisting with continuous improvement projects and processes
· Working safely and accurately with a focus on completing tasks and documentation right first time
· Assisting with the training of new compounders
· Performing start-up and shutdown procedures for all vessels
· Performing minor repairs to the facility and equipment where applicable
· Performing verification checks for equipment (scales, mixers, pH meters) used in manufacturing as per predefine time periods
· Assisting Validation or Pharmaceutical Technology staff with new formulations and scale ups
· Assisting with investigations where necessary
· Notifying compounding lead hand and mechanic if equipment parts and compounding consumables are low in quantity in a timely manner
· Performing other duties as assigned
• Previous experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
• Post Secondary education in scientific discipline is preferred or 5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical environment.
• Excellent math skills.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes. Must be comfortable with use of tablets and trainable on associated programs (MES, SAP)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment
• Strong understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (G.M.P.) requirements
• Must be an active listener and receive applicable training
Hours of work
3 shift rotation every 2 weeks
Days – Monday to Friday inclusive from 6:00 a.m. through to 2:00 p.m.
Afternoons – Monday to Friday inclusive from 2:00 p.m. through to 10:00 p.m.
Nights – Sunday at 10:00 p.m. through to Friday at 6:00 a.m. (inclusive)
** Career Connections Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact Career Connections Canada Inc.**