Control Systems Analyst - Cybersecurity
|Creston, Wyoming - United States
$100,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Highly desirably employer in northern Rockies location. Beautiful, peaceful and centrally located in Wyoming. Conveniently located between the mountains and desert.
As a Control Systems Analyst you will be responsible for maintaining the reliability of the facility's Foxboro IA Distributed Control System. This includes all preventive maintenance associated with DCS hardware and environment. You will also be the key person responsible for ICS cybersecurity.
Sample of responsibilities:
- Perform System Monitor Checks, check loading on the multiple control processors. Investigate and address all reported problems. Maintain DCS monitoring software, identify nuisance process alarms, and identify intermittent but frequent hardware faults.
- Maintain supported software and hardware releases along with documentation. Work with Field Engineers when on-site.
- Work to resolve DCS hardware, software or con?guration problems, maintain and modify HMI for optimum operability. Resolve and repair system problems (Network Switches, Workstations and Historians, Field devices, etc.) and maintain system and workstation back-ups.
- Assist in all interface and peripheral computer applications. Including, but not limited to: PI, FoxRay, Plant Triage, APC, Historians, etc. Maintain DCS related switch applications, including hardware, firmware and software.
- Act as primary administrator of ICS Networks, DMZ Networks and Interfaces and outward facing devices (PI, Plant Triage, PSS, System Monitor, etc.) Prepare documentation in support of audits, conducting cyber security and vulnerability assessments, network design.
- Identify cyber security gaps and recommend mitigation strategies to address gaps.
- Conduct critical infrastructure vulnerability assessments for both compliance and security purposes. Perform detailed, post event analysis of cyber events, and direct needed Incident response procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of the cybersecurity capabilities of operating systems, networking devices, control systems, and vendor offerings. Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer/network systems technologies, architectures, and products.
- Develop policies & procedures, secure process control network design, technical and design recommendations for the implementation of firewalls and other network security and compliance controls.
- Create conceptual designs and specifcations for DCS systems, including integrating these systems with various substation automation schemes.
- Assess the robustness of cybersecurity architectures, technologies, and procedures being implemented within organizational facilities, especially oriented toward cloud-based environments. Provide training to organizational employees regarding protective ICS cybersecurity measures and the understanding of social engineering risks and tactics.
- Responsible for securing systems running ICS-related communications protocols (e.g., MODBUS, DNP3, S7, etc.)
Keywords: cyber security, HMI, MOC policy, Network Switches, Workstations, Field devices, PI, FoxRay, Plant Triage, APC, Histories, PSS, IT, MODBUS, DNP3, S7, Cloud-based environment.
- BS Engineering related field (Electrical, Computer)
- 5 or more years experience supporting DCS Systems, or 3+ years supporting Foxboro IA Systems
- Strong systems networking design
- Experience that includes administration of ICS networks (Industrial Control Systems) and DMZ networks
- Authorization to work in the USA
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree