|Louisville, Kentucky - United States
$105,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This client is a leader in diversified global manufacturer of commercial vehicle parts and components sold for more than 40 years
Job summary of the Controls Engineer:
A Controls Engineer with controls system experience is required to play a key role in providing for the application, evaluation, development, project management, commissioning, and system management of manufacturing industrial automation and control systems for our client in Louisville, KY. In this position you will be required to be proactive in taking action in leading quality improvement and will have demonstrated success in making lasting improvements and fact-based decision making is a requirement for success and communicating those decisions and requirements to all levels of the business. This client is a leader in diversified global manufacturer of commercial vehicle parts and components sold for more than 40 years. If you have good experience with controls systems along with the automation engineering, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Controls Engineer:
- Evaluate and troubleshoot facility and manufacturing control systems consisting of PLCs, AC and DC drives, computer controls, and HMI interfaces as well as traditional contactor type controls and process instrumentation.
- Design and implement improvements to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve reliability of existing plant and manufacturing control systems and equipment.
- Design control systems and prepare drawings, specifications, and scopes of work.
- Write new or modify existing PLC programs and make system hardware recommendations to resolve operation problems, improve processes, and implement new project designs to support factory initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Document and maintain revisions to existing automated systems and maintain appropriate PLC and computer software/hardware information.
- Interface with ITD and upper level computer system personnel to ensure proper application of computer controls and database instructions.
- Provide electrical engineering, hardware design, systems integration, PLC programming, motion programming, HMI configuration, component specification, project management, and start-up and commissioning of capital projects.
- Support and assist Maintenance personnel in troubleshooting, testing, modifying, and installing electrical equipment and control systems.
- Support and participate in implementation of and improvements to Manufacturing Execution System
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or appropriate major required
- Minimum of 4+ years experience in controls engineering
- Advanced knowledge and skill in programming with Rockwell Automation Software including ControlLogix/RSLogix 5000, SLC 500/RSLogix 500, EtherNet/IP Design and Configuration, RS View and PanelView and PanelBuilder 32.
- Experience with integration of ABB and Fanuc Robotics Automation Systems preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of automated material conveyance systems utilizing VFD’s, PLC’s, and motion control components.
- Must show a strong aptitude with computers and learning new systems.
- Familiarity and skill in utilizing Allen Bradley hardware and electronic components.
- Experience with implementation of Manufacturing Execution System preferred
- Mastery of MS Office products with strong Windows skills preferred.
- Manage multiple projects with the flexibility of adapting to changing priorities.
- Must have demonstrated leadership, strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
- Must be willing to work independently.
- Must be effective and comfortable in team oriented environment.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree