|Valdese, North Carolina - United States
$70,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Controls/Manufacturing Engineer with 3-5 years of applied professional experience in electrical process control, instrumentation, automation and computer and data communication systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Support the maintenance/ICT department on technical issues to decrease downtime and increase production efficiency through timely maintenance
- Design and implement test plans to validate that equipment meets functional requirements and prepare written reports summarizing findings
- Perform safety analyses and compliance assessments via identification of key risks and issues in order to comply with applicable standards, policies, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical support and guidance for manufacturing in order to ensure maximum through put, efficiency and quality
- Assists maintenance team with any difficult troubleshooting issues.
- Assist in the development of new products in order to ensure their ability to be manufactured efficiently and effectively using the equipment specified.
- Manage improvement projects in order to reduce costs and improve product quality
- Assist in the development of product flows in order to improve productivity
- Coordinate with controls resources to ensure that hardware, software, and the related documentation stay in sync via appropriate change management tools and processes.
- Work with design engineering to develop robust code that delivers desired functionality from equipment under development
- Work with mechanical designers and controls technicians to resolve issues and guide best practices
- Assists maintenance team with any difficult troubleshooting issues and any other duties assigned.
EDUCATION: B.S. in Controls Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from accredited institution
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of applied professional experience in electrical process control, instrumentation, automation and computer and data communication systems in a manufacturing environment.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE: Controls engineering, programming PLC's, manufacturing techniques, tooling, fixturization, demand flow and ergonomics
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree