Controls Engineering Lead
|Fort Wayne, Indiana - United States
$100,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits—you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Our client is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. Their brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma, product handling, labeling and coding, and end of line. with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia.
Controls Engineering Lead
Supervises and manages Controls Engineers; provides direction and guidance on control system architecture and documentation; provides direction and guidance on system software architecture; assists with technical sales consultation; assists with electrical cost estimate preparation; assists mechanical engineering department as needed; assists with field service support and P&W issues. Provides department management. Assists Vice President Engineering in formulating and administrating departmental policies and direction.
- Design and Software development – Lead the electrical hardware and software designs for our automation systems, providing simplistic designs to reduce labor and travel while adding value for our customers.
- Gather and provide data to assist in the quotation process to support the applications and sales departments.
- Participate in sales visitations and presentations (team sell)
- Assist in electrical design concepts, and corresponding costing/pricing estimates relating to R&D projects.
- Project coordination, externally with customers, inside Shuttleworth, interdepartmentally, and with other company divisions.
- Assisting manufacturing personnel in developing high quality equipment and systems.
- Providing installation, testing and field engineering support and assistance.
- Standards Development – develop and maintain electrical hardware, software and safety design standards that can be utilized across the department.
- Investigate and evaluate electrical and software components by interfacing with vendors.
- Manages controls engineers; scheduling, quality, management and design assistance.
- Communicates with the team to create and implement cost cutting measures.
- Maintain department schedules, budgets, handle personnel issues.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; annual performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's Science EE or BSEET degree from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten years’ experience with an OEM company
- Master at programming PLCs (Rockwell)
- Master at HMI development (Rockwell and Schneider)
- Strong background in Safety design and integration
- Strong background in Networking design and integration
- Ability to integrate VFD and Servo motion
- Expert AutoCAD / Electrical AutoCAD
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to interface with vendors on issues and new products.
- Ability to work in a team environment, capable of working with all departments in an open format.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to engage and participate in R&D conceptual design meeting.
- Strong computer software skills. (Microsoft products)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel whenever needed.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree