|Valdese, North Carolina - United States
$45,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for an experienced Industrial Controls Technician (ICT). This position will perform under minimal supervision. The ICT maintains production equipment. This will include, but is not limited to: repair, P.M. controls, Calibrations electrical and troubleshooting. Working with engineering, maintenance and approved vendors to install a wide variety of complex electronic equipment including but not limited to Automatic, machine and process controls, like AB PLC, HMI Platforms, Robots, Camera systems, network communication system etc. All tasks must be performed while supporting the policies, procedures, goals and objectives of the plant engineering/facilities department and the Company.
- Perform hands on complex repairs/adjustments.
- Provides hands on technical support to manufacturing, which includes troubleshooting and repairing equipment with older controls and installation of new controls.
- Ensure that the machines PROGRAMS are backed up and stored in the ICT DATA base.
- Provides support for engineering on special projects, equipment failures, and upgrading machines as needed.
- Maintains equipment used to perform job duties in good working order and is responsible for materials used in repair of equipment and special projects.
- Communicates between other mechanics, supervisors, engineering personnel, quality control, and managers.
- Troubleshoots equipment and makes repairs as necessary. May replace gears, cams, chain drives, etc. Performs any other non-complex or complex mechanical problems as directed.
- Using calipers, micrometers, and other measuring devices, ensures products meet specifications following equipment maintenance.
- Performs electrical repairs such as replacing switches, fuses, relays, and motors (working with voltages from 24 VDC up to 600 VAC)
- This description outlines the major duties, relationships, and responsibilities assigned to this job. The incumbent may be called upon to perform other duties and functions as needed which may not detailed in this description.
- Responsible for keeping latest software version to support PLC for factory floor, change request should come by E-Mail from Maintenance E-Mail, Engineers, Managers and coordinator.
- Ensure we have the latest rev on software for equipment
- Any other duties, as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an Industrial Controls Technician role, with progressive levels of responsibility.
- Associate Degree in Electronics or 5 years in workforce equivalent desired.
- Must have hands on experience in programming and troubleshooting PLC’s.
- Training of the following: ROBOT operation & Allen Bradley classes in the following Programming in 500 & controls logic and RS Logic.
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years