|Hamptonville, North Carolina - United States
$50,000.00 - $65,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Controls Technician that will be the primary support for Manufacturing, regarding equipment and process issues, including equipment downtime and production of nonconforming product.
- To be a Mentor. The Controls Technician will also identify opportunities for technical improvement with existing Technical Support Team members and maintenance personnel.
- Provide technical assistance with new equipment, process development, setup, debug and training across entire plant. Particularly as it relates to automation and controls.
- Work with manufacturing, engineering, and quality to setup SPC files for new products/processes or executes changes to existing ones. Work with existing DCS and SCADA systems, as well as develop new ones to ensure accurate process data is available at all levels of manufacturing.
- Strong Troubleshooting Skills involving all facets of machinery is a must (Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic) with emphasis on PLC’s, Robotics and Control systems.
- Must adhere to and ensure that all safety procedures are maintained in accordance with Industry standards (OSHA, NEC, ANSI, IEEE).
Education & Experience:
- 2 year technical / electronics degree and/or 5 years of Industrial Controls and Electronics experience
- Must have Strong Technical experience with PLC software such as Allen Bradley, Siemens and other PLC equipment
- Must have Strong Technical experience with VFD’s and Servo-based Motion control systems
- Robotics knowledge to include Fanuc robots and systems, Robotics programming and Maintenance of robotic work cells
- Must have experience with Hydraulic/Mechanical presses, understand hydraulic systems and related auxiliary equipment
- Must have Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment requiring multi-tasking and the ability to prioritize with minimal direction.
- Ability to function within cross-functional Teams (comprised of peers and subordinates), utilizing good communication skills and a “hands–on” approach within all projects
- Technical experience with Vision system integration, programming and maintenance.
- Technical knowledge of Industrial Networking including but not limited to Ethernet, RS 232 /485, and CANBUS protocols (i.e., DEVICENET, PROFIBUS, etc.)
- Experience Integrating DCS and SCADA systems for “Real-Time” Data access
- Working knowledge of various types of tooling and standards (Stamping, Cutting and trim tools, thermal forming, steel rule dies, etc.).
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years