|Wheeling, West Virginia - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Well established private printing/manufacturing company looking for a hands on technical accounting professional with ability to lead process improvement and motivate team. This role reports to the CEO and treasurer.
Key responsibilities include:
Financial Closing & Reporting:
- Period-end closing and reporting schedules
- Establish and enforce accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare complex and confidential journals
- Maintain financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Ensure the internal controls environment is sufficient to prevent or detect material misstatements and to prevent audit adjustments
- Monitor changes in GAAP and tax rules that affect the company’s financial statements and implement policy and process changes to ensure continual compliance
- Review and approve all reports prior to distribution; coordinate and manage the annual financial statement audit with external auditors, and review and approve the Annual Report
Financial Planning & Analysis – lead, motivate, and direct the Sr. Financial Analyst in the following:
- Provide annual planning schedule and monitor progress through completion
- Maintain structure and guidance for annual budget estimates, support for assumptions, templates, and reporting format
- Provide analytical and modeling support as needed to senior management
- Establish structure and timing for periodic performance reports to be distributed to senior management
- Conduct periodic performance reviews with senior management as requested
Tax & Other Statutory Requirements:
- Prepare the quarterly and annual tax provision workpapers to send to a 3rd party tax accountant for use in preparing estimates and annual returns
- Establish the structure and methodologies for calculating the IC-DISC commission and review and approve
- Establish the structure and methodologies for intercompany allocations and transfer pricing
- Ensure all other tax responsibilities are met and reporting is completed accurately and timely for sales and use tax, Canadian GST/HST, property tax, B&O tax, CAT tax, etc.
- Ensure other statutory reporting requirements are met, such as government surveys and filings, unclaimed property, foreign statutory reporting, etc.
- Lead, motivate, and direct the Accounting Supervisors in the management of revenue and expense accounting operations covering credit, invoicing, cash application, receivables, collections, and payables
- Review and approve customer credit applications over $10,000 up to $100,000
- Coordinate with banks on international trade finance transactions such as letters of credit
- Establish key metrics and goals for all accounting operations
- Drive continuous improvement in policies and processes
- Develop policies, procedures, and service level agreements with internal customers and ensure excellent customer service is provided internally and externally
- Serve as the corporate AMEX Account Manager
Other contributions as requested or required in support of the achievement of corporate objectives.
Position requirements (education, knowledge, skills, abilities):
B.S. in Accounting and CPA (Required)
10+ yrs. experience and manufacturing background required
Tax knowledge/ compliance experience required
Exceptional organizational, prioritization, project management, decision-making skills
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree