Corporate Medical Officer
|Newark, New Jersey - United States
$135,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Exciting opportunity for a Part Time physician in a corporate setting with one of our leading financial clients in NJ and NY.
4 days a week - In house medical
As the Corporate Medical Physician, you will provide clinical care and counseling at the Newark, NJ and Park Ave, NY locations.
You will share in the medical team's common goal of disease prevention, health maintenance and safety in the workplace
- You will evaluate, diagnose and treat illnesses and injuries.
- Perform annual physicals and provide clinical care and counseling with an emphasis on risk factor modification, health assessment and disease prevention. The clinical services are provided with high focus on protection of associates' right to privacy and protection of confidential information.
- You'll oversee the daily activities and manage workflow to maximize efficiency.
- You will develop a liaison relationship with members of the local medical community and professional medical organizations creating a community based medical referral network.
- You will promote all company medical resources as appropriate, including the following: referrals to the disease and lifestyle management programs, EAP and discount gym program.
- You'll assist the nurse practitioner in developing health promotions and performing ergonomic evaluations.
- You will use the electronic medical record for accurate and timely documentation of all patient encounters.
- You'll oversee the CPR/AED program for all US sites.
Education/Certifications & Experience:
- Medical degree (MD or DO). Minimum of 3 years in internal medicine, family practice, occupational medicine or emergency medicine is required.
- Current valid license to practice medicine in New Jersey.
- Current valid license to practice medicine in New York or willing to obtain NY licensure.
- Current DEA certificate.
- CPR/AED certification or working towards certification.
- Ongoing participation in continuing medical education.
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills. Excellent communication skills. Basic computer skills.
- The opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-growing organization that will guide you in developing your career and growth within our company.
- A widely-recognized environment valuing diversity, inclusion and community involvement.
- A platform to build strong professional working relationships with clients, fellow associates and management.
- A strong focus on personal learning and development to help you reach your professional development goals.
- Excellent benefits package which starts as of date of hire, including comprehensive healthcare (medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision), wellness benefits, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability benefits and much more.
- Competitive 401k plan with employer match and additional basic company contribution.
- Generous paid time off program including vacation, personal holidays, sick time and paid company holidays.
University - MD