Cost Estimator (Automotive)
|Hamptonville, North Carolina - United States
$75,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Cost Estimator with automotive manufacturing experience who will coordinate and manage all feasibility costing activities for new business and engineering design changes.
- Coordinate and lead all manufacturing feasibility studies related to new business activities or engineering design changes on existing production parts
- Obtain all necessary information from sales, operations, purchasing, new product development, program launch and finance to develop cost estimates and manufacturing processes for each opportunity
- Partner with the cross functional team to prioritize work and establish a gated process whereby each pursuit is funneled through a cross functional workstream that enables us to quote new business within a pre-established delegation of authority.
- Maintain at least a 95% on-time status based upon the prioritized weekly pursuit funnel
- Ensure proper capacity analysis performed on existing or new equipment that will be utilized for each opportunity. Partner with Operations and Sales to ensure capacity plan is up to date for current, awarded and quoted business.
- Partner with the financial team to understand and adopt appropriate manufacturing fixed and variable overheads, labor, and other plant cost structures within each opportunity.
- Lead cross functional business discussions and present findings to senior management on each opportunity, as required
- Assist in development of the annual and long-range strategic business plans based upon the above job requirements
- Send out request for quotes to Tooling and Equipment suppliers.
- Manage piece price and tooling database. Report information to management on a monthly basis.
- Other support functions include projects launch administration as well as other functions deemed necessary by direct manager.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Program management and attention to detail within a cross functional and complex business environment
- Experience working in Excel and other database systems
- Ability to multitask
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years in automotive manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 years participating or directing manufacturing feasibility processes
- MBA desired by not required
- Strong understanding of a manufacturing cost structure
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree