|Tilbury, Ontario - Canada
$50,000.00 - $65,000.00 - Canadian Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Are you an experienced collaborative leader with exceptional organization and communication skills? Do you thrive in a deadline driven environment, working cross-functionally and with a high level of responsibility? Our client, a leading automotive supplier, is seeking an astute Cost Accountant to join their progressive team in Southwestern Ontario.
The successful candidate will be a part of a globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities.
- Develop and set standard cost rates for manufacturing lines based on strategic plan.
- Set up accounting views and cost all new products in SAP.
- Responsible for quotation of product changes after start of production.
- Maintain a profitability analysis by product.
- Identify areas of opportunity by product line and follow up with management team to develop strategies to improve performance on such programs.
- Responsible to cost, validate and follow up on Continuous Improvement projects for the plant.
- Lead Cost Centre budget creation for following year with management team.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Establishes, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting and administrative control procedures.
- Performs an analytical review of all accounts monthly and at year-end.
- Assists in preparation of annual business plan.
- Communicates trends and other strategic and financial information to management.
- Undergraduate degree or relevant college diploma.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CMA, CGA).
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in Accounting in the Automotive industry.
- SAP experience an asset.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001, IATF 16494, OHSAS 18001.
- Strong analytical and financial analysis abilities.
- Knowledge of current principles of accounting and audit principles.
- Computer literacy to include Office applications and ERP/MRP systems. Strong in Excel.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree