Customer Service and Sales Manager
|Kent, Washington - United States
$45,000.00 - $60,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Bilingual English / Cantonese or Mandarin STRONGLY Preferred
Responsible for supporting the branch sales goals while overseeing all aspects of customer service levels and branch operational integrity. Responsible for personnel administration, staff development as well as the service-driven sales culture of branch banking. Promote, implement, and ensure quality customer service. Provide operational support to areas involving business development and portfolio administration. Support customer retention and acquisition programs by partnering with related Cathay department colleagues to proactively provide services for customers. Ensure regulatory compliance and staff adherence to bank policies and procedures. Maintain the operational integrity of the branch.
The incumbent supervises Relationship Bankers and all Operations staff (depending on the branch’s staffing requirements)
Service & Sales Responsibilities:
- Interact in an effective and professional manner with all levels of bank personnel, corporate and bank clients demonstrating commitment to quality and extraordinary customer service
- Ensure staff are actively profiling customers during new account and teller transaction process to identify cross sell opportunities to meet customer needs/requirements
- Responsible for developing and tracking individual performance goals. Develop coaching and mentoring process for staff to ensure their performance meets bank customer service, sales, and operational requirements
- Establish and manage achievement of assigned team and individual sales production goals
- Collaborate with Branch Manager / Relationship Manager in support of prospect and customer calls to develop customer onboarding plan, including set-up of products and services
- Support business development colleagues, and perform marketing activities as needed in efforts to achieve branch growth and profitability goals
- May register as MLO (Mortgage Loan Originator)- based on branch/market needs, to support loan inquiries, interview loan applicants, and assist with loan related functions
- Represent the bank by actively participating in outside civic/community affairs, business/ industry-related organizations and other professional activities as appropriate
Operations, Management & Administration Responsibilities
- Direct the operations functions of the branch. This encompasses the full knowledge of branch functions which include- new accounts, teller operations and safe box. The incumbent acts as the resident expert on procedural, risk and regulatory functions within the branch
- Ensure that the branch consistently complies with all bank policies/procedures, banking regulations and meets satisfactory audit rating. Implement appropriate controls and oversight for any identified deficiencies
- Ensure sound operating conditions are maintained in the branch by utilizing the daily and monthly operational and reporting reviews along with completion of required branch certifications
- Perform staffing evaluation to ensure appropriate levels of staffing and skill sets in support of customer service requirements. Work with Branch Manager and Regional management on effective staff deployment and utilization
- Ensure performance reviews/evaluations of the branch’s non-officer staff and officers as assigned, are completed timely, objectively and with proper emphasis on individual development, coaching skills, customer service skills and sales/referral activities
- Recommend hires, transfers, terminations, salary adjustments, performance standards and reviews. Approve employee daily time records, work assignments, vacations, sick pay, etc.
- May serve as Safety and/or Security Officer for the branch
- College degree a plus.
- Three to five years’ experience in a similar capacity with management/supervisory responsibilities. Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of branch service functions.
- Thorough knowledge of bank policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of complex support systems, branch efficiency and productivity, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Direct sales experience desired.
- Computer Experience (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) Required.
- Good management skills with emphasis on planning, organization and scheduling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bi-lingual English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) preferred.