DIRECTOR - FP&A
|San Francisco, California - United States
$195,000.00 - $240,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|Bonus, Excellent Benefits
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Excellent opportunity to join a top-tier, nationally ranked Healthcare Services complex as the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis. The Director will serve as the center of expertise for overseeing the consolidated operating and capital budget, financial management reporting, and strategic investment analysis.
The position offers excellent compensation, benefits and professional growth.
The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will serve as the lead in the following functional areas with oversight of the following:
FINANCIAL PLANNING - OPERATING AND CAPITAL BUDGET
- Directs development and management of submissions of the consolidated annual operating budget
- Provide direction on the overall Budget consolidation, project management , coordination, delivery, and calendar setting for the 10-year plan process and capital budget
- Directs benchmarking and operational cost management and consultation, data transmission and management
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT & REPORTING
- Oversee operations, analysis, report generation and support of reports to inform operations and strategy, inclusive of labor and productivity management, daily flash reporting, CFO board presentation, and other reports or presentations as necessary
- Set standards for the organization
FINANCIAL AND STRATEGIC INVESTMENT
- Directs strategic and business case analysis, development and maintenance of analytical standards, templates and tools across business lines
The successful candidate will work closely with senior leadership, finance teams, decision support professionals, department managers, and outside consultants. Successful candidate must be able to thrive and succeed in a changing environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Successful candidate must be able to direct and drive high-level strategic initiatives, and also be hands on and achieve the final results as needed. Successful candidate will anticipate bottlenecks, resolve escalation, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus other priorities.
Successful candidate must have the ability to take sparse information and assist teams to successfully break down projects, initiatives and strategic priorities is expected to deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Seven to ten years of progressive leadership experience finance/budgeting
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or other related field
- Strong leadership, relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to work effectively across all levels of management and staff
- Strong ability to communicate with high proficiency, both verbally and in writing, in both technical language and layman’s terms
- Must be a team player with proven ability to interact well with all levels of management and staff
- Strong ability to work independently with little guidance using good analytical and political judgment in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders including administration, medical staff and department managers
- Strong ability to quickly synthesize information and develop recommendation for senior leaders
- Strong ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations
- Strong ability to think conceptually and to formulate pragmatic and effective solutions
- Strong ability to achieve results in a virtual and matrixed team environment
- Experience developing and mentoring staff
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, demonstrating strong initiative
- Ability to work under time constraints, meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; and working with detailed information
- Computer proficiency in an established financial reporting tool; experience with EPSi or another hospital decision support software application is desirable
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Flexible and have a positive attitude, and a sense of humor is highly desirable
- Master’s or other advanced degree
- Understanding of healthcare finance, financial statements, volume-based forecasting process, and hospital-faculty practice relationship
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree