This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Boston, Massachusetts - United States|
|Salary:||contact recruiter for details|
|Other Compensation:||Bonus target 30-40%|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
there are a variety of relocation packages
Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore, London, Tokyo, and Sydney. The firm manages approximately US$100 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments, and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad.
The Data Design Engineer will be part of the Investment Data Analytics (IDA) and Enterprise Data Management (EDM) teams in a highly visible position supporting and enhancing the data management operations and data control framework across all areas of the firm.
Primary responsibilities include defining, designing and implementing data element/class creation/definition, data quality validation and control frameworks, tolerances, data alerts, monitoring, metrics, controls, and user interfaces and visualization. This individual will work with IT to support Data Operations, the team responsible for the full range of data used throughout Acadian including Investment Research Portfolio Construction, Trading, Performance, Business Development, and Client Service.
• Synthesize data requirements into data designs, database structures
• Determine, design, implement data processing metrics, validations, controls, monitoring and alerting
• Enhance data provisioning abstraction layer, design and implement data visualizations and UI’s for data quality oversight and control
• Develop and implement process improvements to our data infrastructure in support of our investment and research processes
• Partner with internal teams to fulfill data and reporting requests
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus a minimum of 3 years of related experience or a Postgraduate degree with related experience
• Expertise with industry standard investment tools such as Bloomberg or Thomson Reuters, Markit EDM and Informatica PowerCenter, or Business Glossary
• Prior data management or data analyst consulting experience preferred
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Experience with data modeling, data management process modeling, data profiling
• Proficient with SQL in a Microsoft SQL Server environment and strong Linux/Unix skills
• Experience using programming languages such as Python and Pandas (preferred) to develop data interfaces
• An interest in quantitative investment research and a passion for enterprise data management and data quality controls/validation frameworks
• Understand data fundamentals, as well as various market and economic data from multiple vendors
• Familiarity with data alignment and cohesion supporting security instrument identification and linkage/flow through business functions and systems including trading, accounting, performance, and reporting
• Preferred familiarity with the data lifecycle within a quantitative asset manager preferred
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree