Data Governance Executive
|Dallas, Texas - United States
$150,000.00 - $245,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Data Governance Executive is answerable for creation, supervision and management of the Data Governance program of the client bank.
The tasks of the Data Governance Executive include the below:
- Advance, implement, and preserve the Data Governance policy, framework, and procedures for each step in the data management life cycle.
- Monitor compliance with the business’s established Data Governance policy, framework, and measures.
- Approve the identification of data elements identified by business units and maintenance of a wide-ranging data dictionary.
- Safeguard effective challenge of data analysis performed by data stewards and managers. Reviewing regulatory, audit, and validation discoveries to risks impacting data governance.
- Supervise the development and execution of remediation steps to mitigate identified risks.
- Facilitate and complete wide-ranging independent review and validation as mandatory.
- Review of periodic monitoring results from Data Stewards to identify risks.
- Endorse changes to the Data Governance policy, framework, or procedures as mandatory.
- Mediate struggles and discrepancies between data stewards, bank executives, and the needs and interests of the business comparative to Data Governance.
- Champion and conduct Data Governance training to business units as desirable.
- Respond to data governance related questions from regulators or internal & external auditor professionals.
Data Governance Executive
- Ability to build consensus with business partners and mediate when appropriate,
- Excellent analytical, research, critical thinking, organizational, and planning skills.
- Strong written, documentation, verbal, and presentation skills
- Robust interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Strong risk and control mentality with the ability to develop and interpret risk related policies
- Understanding of data governance principles including data classification, quality, and control practices
Credentials and Education Necessities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Information Technology, Information Security or interrelated field required
- Strong analytical background with four years collective experience in one or more of the following verticals:
- Data Classification and Control
- Management/Financial reporting
- Stress testing or Risk Management.
- Data Governance
- Data Quality
- Data Modeling
- Broad acquaintance of banking policies, processes and functions:
- Understanding of risk management methodologies and data governance principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio)
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree