Deskside Support Technician - Pharmaceuticals
|Lancaster, South Carolina - United States
$45,000.00 - $60,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Desktop Support Technician to be the central point of contact for IT related incidents and service requests at a pharmaceutical manufacturing company. The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
Deskside Support Technician Responsibilities:
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
- Upgrade various hardware and software
- Analyzes and resolves end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion. Provide end user training where required.
- Accurately record, update and document requests using the Helpdesk system.
- Install and configure new IT equipment.
- Maintaining the integrity of the security of the network including remote access, password access, file access, intruder access, and protection against malware
- Performing user analysis, troubleshooting problems, and following through to resolution
- Assist with maintenance and verification of backup servers/systems.
- Develop and maintain end-user documentation of various software and procedures.
Deskside Support Technician Experience:
- Associates degree in Computer Science (BS preferred) and/or equivalent technical certification with a minimum of 2 years of Information Technology work experience in a LANIWAN environment.
- Industry recognized technical certification such as a Microsoft MCSE, Network +, Server+ or A+ preferred but not required.
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including hardware RAID, Active Directory and TCP/IP.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Backup systems and Enterprise Antivirus.
Deskside Support Technician Benefits:
- This position offers full benefits
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years