Deskside Support Technician
|Lancaster, South Carolina - United States
$45,000.00 - $60,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Desktop Support Technician to be the central point of contact for IT related incidents and service requests. The role of the Desktop Support Technician will be to provide 1st level support for all employees. The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. The position requires one to be able to work in a fast-paced environment which provides services via the phone, e-mail and in person. Work is performed with some supervision but still requires initiative and sound judgement.
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
- Upgrade various hardware and software
- Analyzes and resolves end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion. Provide end user training where required.
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalate incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Accurately record, update and document requests using the Helpdesk system.
- Install and configure new IT equipment.
- Maintaining the integrity of the security of the network including remote access, password access, file access, intruder access, and protection against malware
- Performing user analysis, troubleshooting problems, and following through to resolution
- Assist with maintenance and verification of backup servers/systems.
- Develop and maintain end-user documentation of various software and procedures.
- Escalate problems and issues to management or vendors as needed
- Providing support of the highest technical level for home office and remote employees
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community
- Working knowledge of networking concepts & technologies, Operating System technologies, Security concepts
- Systems knowledge, documentation and methodical problem-solving skills
- Must be customer service oriented
- Excellent verbal, telephone, and written etiquette
- Proven ability to follow instructions, work under supervision, and multi-task
- Effective and efficient troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be reliable and possess good organizational skills
- Ability to lift, move and inspect computer terminals, servers, switches, routers, printers and related equipment
- Ability to enter and access information from a computer
- Capable of sitting for prolonged periods of time at a computer screen
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as computers, copiers, fax, etc.
- Works in office conditions but may be required to visit other department locations with data processing and related communication equipment
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Computer Science (BS preferred) and/or equivalent technical certification with a minimum of 2 years of Information Technology work experience in a LANIWAN environment.
- Industry recognized technical certification such as a Microsoft MCSE, Network +, Server+ or A+ preferred but not required.
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including hardware RAID, Active Directory and TCP/IP.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Backup systems and Enterprise Antivirus.
- Hands-on hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
- Able to install, support, and troubleshoot server and PC hardware components and peripherals.
University - Associate's Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years