|Lancaster, South Carolina - United States
$60,000.00 - $70,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Desktop Engineer to develop Windows images in a desktop/laptop environment to integrate corporate software and deliver it seamlessly to employees both locally and remotely. This candidate will manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support desktop Operating Systems in conjunction with application setup, delivery, and maintenance. Work with team members to resolve issues and implement best practice solutions.
Information Technology Skills Required:
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems version 7 and 10.
- Ability to build image, configure, customize and deploy new desktop and laptop computers/images.
- Industry best practice knowledge of Windows image setup, sysprep, automation, deployment and security.
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced Windows problems in Desktop Environment
- Proven understanding of automation scripting using Powershell in Windows.
- Install, configure and test approved mission critical software on installed Windows O/S's and troubleshot any errors or issues.
- Develop standard operating procedures for the imaging and configuration process.
- Image creation, image deployments, configuration file creation and management, packaging, primary contact to stakeholders and IT team for deployments.
- Diagnosis, investigation, recovery and resolution of various types of hardware problems and software issues.
- Scripting (batch files, vbscript, PowerShell) and working knowledge of Active Directory- Group Policy (GPO), DNS, DHCP and SCCM.
- Workstation imaging (creating & deploying), workstation builds/patching, application building/deployments (through WindDS, MDT, PDQdeploy, & GPO changes.
- Develop, recommend, and implement system upgrades and improvements.
- Recommend, Deploy, and Maintain security functions for the desktop systems.
- Maintain documentation: License agreements, policies, procedures, and diagrams.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Ability to write concise and detailed documentation.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to organize priorities and act with a sense of urgency when necessary.
- Ability to multi-task with solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and commitment to follow through issues to completion.
- Helpdesk Phone Support experience
- Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to provide solutions to complex problems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, 2010 and O365
- Develop, implement, and maintain software and hardware deployment and upgrade schedules
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science from four-year college or university and five years related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED LICENSES / CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Microsoft technologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows Core Services (AD, DNS, WINS, DHCP, etc)
- PowerShell and other scripting technologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Security policies and procedures
- Experience with building and deploying desktop applications via SCCM.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree