Dev Ops/SRE Engineers – Multiple Platforms
|Vancouver (NE Downtown / Harbour Centre / Gastown / Yaletown), British Columbia - Canada
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
If you have a strong background in Dev Ops/SRE and are ready to step up to a world class software engineering firm with a large Dev Ops team servicing clients all around the globe, this could be the position for you!
Dev Ops/SRE Engineer – Multiple Platforms
Our client is the leading provider of cloud-based enterprise software for a very large global market. Their product supports email, instant messaging, social media, mobile messaging, along with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
As a DevOps/SRE engineer you will be responsible for the reliability and smooth operation of production and test environments and build automation to improve reliability and efficiency of code delivery from build to production. They use leading edge technologies to deploy and manage 1000's of servers and the infrastructure that delivers highly scalable and available services. The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met. This is an opportunity to influence the design and implementation of systems at scales that many do not get a chance to work at.
- Depending on your team's needs and your skill set, your time will be split between
- Automation: Developing tools & frameworks to enhance our CI (Continuous Integration) & CD (Continuous Delivery) automation using industry standard CI/CD practices
- Operations: Monitor and ensure smooth operation of production and test environments by executing common sysadmin (system administration) tasks and automating repetitive tasks
- Service Reliability: Occasionally provide support and initial troubleshooting when required by reviewing dashboards and logs to ensure system issues are timely addressed
Depending on your team, some of the technologies you will interact with:
- Big Data Technology such as Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Kafka
- Build & Deployment Automation such as Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Maven, Ansible
- Containerization/Virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift, VMware)
- Instrumentation & Monitoring (Splunk, Zabbix, Prometheus)
- Linux Teams: Python, Bash, Java.
- Windows Teams: PowerShell, Python, C#
- Front end development: React, Android, iOS
- 5+ years experience as a DevOps/SRE engineer or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Good programming skills such as Python, Java and C#
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals like threading, OOP and more
- Understanding of software systems concepts such as networking, firewalls, protocols, databases and more
- Strong understanding of software delivery practices such as Git branching models, configuration management, secret rotation, feature toggling, no-downtime deployment and more
- Experience with:
- Linux Teams: Linux (CentOS preferred), Bash and Maven/Gradle
- Window Teams: Windows, PowerShell and Nuget
- RDBS and NoSQL DBs such as Ms SQL, Cassandra
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Infrastructure as Code tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Containerization/Virtualization technology such as Docker, VMware or OpenShift Kubernetes
- Load balancing tools such as HA-Proxy, Nginx or F5
- Experience with the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with any of these: Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Kafka, Ms SQL, or MongoDB
- Experience leading or mentoring other engineers
- Experience influencing the design and delivery of software in your organization
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree