DevOps Engineer with medical instruments company
|Irvine, California - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for an experienced DevOps (Development and Operations) professional to join our organization. In this position, you will manage infrastructure projects and processes. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and solid knowledge base are essential.
This is a FULL-TIME opportunity with bonuses and excellent benefits. This is not open to C2C contracting
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Test implemented designs
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery
- Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
- Work directly with the Development and Verification team to test system integrity.
- High school degree or equivalent; bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field
- Five years of previous experience in development and operations.
- Up-to-date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift equipment up to 30 pounds or more
- Working Knowledge in Java, Node JS & other open source technologies
High-level programming experience in a J2EE environment, including a thorough understanding of application architecture
- Experience in creating CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins.
- Proficient in following tools. Jenkins, bitbucket, Jira, git, confluence, SonarQube, Protractor and JUnit
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Cloud infrastructure, Micro-service architectures, Operations or DevOps roles.
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud services such as EC2, S3, RDS etc.
- Proficiency in Linux, AWS and distributed application architectures.
- Experience in distributed applications on public cloud provider - AWS .
- Experience in building, running and scaling micro-services using Kubernetes, Docker, monitoring services like (Prometheus, DataDog, New Relic etc.) etc. is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with the following development methodologies: Object-Oriented, Design Patterns, Service-Oriented architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to independently research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.
- Fluent in verbal and written English communication skills.
High School/Secondary School