|Tempe, Arizona - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a company that has grown by 1/3 since the pandemic started. During good time they do very well but in a crisis they do awseome
Devops Engineer – Tempe, Az
For more than 30 years, The Company has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. The Company provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, The Company helps address the unique needs of innovators.
As a DevOps engineer, the candidate will be responsible for the development of tools that allows application engineers to focus just on coding/developing the application while everything else happens automatically in the background, including continuous integration, continuous monitoring, continuous deployment to staging, rules-based promotion to dev, stage, alpha, beta, and production environment.
The successful candidate will build, scale, automate and maintain a number of infrastructure projects including but not limited to - monitoring and alerting, automated deployments (cloud and on-premise), software-defined networking, resilient storage, automated containerization using Docker, Container management using Kubernetes, Catastrophic system failure recovery, high availability etc..
- Build CI/CD solutions to improve developer productivity and rapid deployments.
- Build automation for improving the build system by adding parallelized builds, quicker build?failure indication, automated notification of results and packaging
- Analyze, architect, and develop new deployments, mechanisms, and procedures for?high-availability environments, both on-premise and public/private cloud
- Ensures high availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including?Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
- Continuously improve our infrastructure to be easy to deploy, scalable, secure and?fault-tolerant
- Use Agile methods (Scrum/Kanban) to organize project deliverables, to track and to report?progress
- Participate in rotating on-call duties
- Drive sprint objectives to completion
- Maintains accountability to Enterprise Architecture all technology and design decisions
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant?experience.
- 3+ years of experience in SRE/DevOps
- Excellent Python, bash, and scripting fundamentals
- Experience with API standards (REST, SOAP, JSON, XML)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Oracle, MongoDB, Redis)
- Expert in DevOps and CI/CD practices and tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Git,Gitlab CloudFormation/Terraform, or similar)
- Strong experience with build and Configuration Management concepts tools and implementations
- Strong experience with application telemetry, monitoring and alerting solutions (Splunk, ELK, Appdynamics, CloudWatch or similar
- Experience with code quality and automated testing (Sonar, Junit, Selenium or similar)
- Successfully coach and mentor teams on the organizational value to drive implementation,?success and overall adoption of DevOps framework
- Good communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and?management.
- Strong Automation and Problem-solving skills and ability to follow through to completion?Preferred Qualifications
- Good understanding of agile development
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Handles challenging problems with a positive "can do" attitude.
- Experience in networking, coordination and service discovery
- Experience in security fundamentals
- Cloud certification - Developer or architect level?
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree