DevOps Manager (Operations)
|Palo Alto, California - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced DevOps Manager to be part of a global software company who are a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications. Customers are their focus and they work hard at providing the user friendly applications to medium to large enterprises.
Palo Alto, California based Permanent role!
In this role as DevOps Manager, you will lead a team of highly skilled DevOps engineers, manage various needs, and measure and continuously improve reliability of systems through automation and process improvements, site scaling and standardization. You will be accountable for various aspects of cloud operations including automation of production releases, building out new cloud infrastructure, participate in the planning and execution of multi-cloud strategy, and operations such as system monitoring and alerting, troubleshooting, continuous improvement with highly analytical approach to problem solving. The DevOps Manager will have the technical skills to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, and also empower and develop their teams to do the same.
- Lead and engage a team of DevOps engineers
- Ensure services are designed with 24/7 availability and operational readiness and rigor
- Build and maintain highly effective release management system (they are moving from Puppet to Chef)
- Implement proactive monitoring, alerting, trend analysis and self-healing systems
- Measure and continuously improve the reliability of the systems
- Work with Engineering leadership to build shared services that meet the requirements and need of the platform and application teams
- Collaborate with Product and Customer Support teams to plan and deploy product releases
- Identify, evaluate and execute preventive measures to minimize/avoid impact to the customers experience
- Resolution of customer impacting infrastructure or operational changes
- Employ deep troubleshooting skills to improve the availability, performance, and security
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication and positive action
- 5+ years of managing DevOps teams
- 5+ years of Systems/Applications automation in 24x7 Production Services environments
- 3+ years of operating in AWS environment
- Experience with Infrastructure as code utilizing tools like Terraform, Jenkins, and AWS API based systems
- Experience securing AWS enviroments
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- Fluency with one or more current generation scripting languages
- Excellent troubleshooter, utilizing a systematic problem-solving approach
- Expert in Containerization concepts like Kubernetes
- Experience with elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns
- Demonstrated strength in PaaS/ SaaS services, experience in massive scale web operations
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree