Diamond Turning Technician
|Denver, Colorado - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity to join a growing photonics company expand their optical component product offering. Beautiful Colorado location. Generous compensation, and relocation assistance provided.
We are seeking an experienced Diamond Turning Technician for manufacturing precision optics in a fast-paced environment. The technician must be familiar with operating computer-controlled CNC diamond turning machinery, tooling, and setups. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED.
- Produce optical quality components by loading, aligning, reviewing and modifying setup parameters on a diamond turning machine.
- Evaluate test data and results using proprietary software tools.
- Provides metrology support for production and prototyping tools.
- Ensure proper operation of equipment and as-needed maintenance.
- Work in coordination with production to ensure quality through excellent manufacturing processes and actively participate in quality improvements. Also works closely with the team of machinists, test and metrology technicians and software engineers.
- Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems including design and necessary modifications of the mechanical (non-optical) features during design release phase.
- Performs fixture design and drafting to support machine shop
- Assist in the implementation of Diamond Turning strategic objectives.
- Working experience with design in CAD software packages
- Experience with mechanical design tools and instrumentation
- Experience with optical/mechanical tolerance
- Basic optical/mechanical metrology knowledge
- Possess a keen level of detail, giving focus on accuracy
- Strong technical writing and verbal skills
- 2-3 years of experience in diamond turning fabrication desired, OR
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in fabrication, machine shop or clean room environments and procedures
- Knowledge of contact and non-contact profilometry a plus
- Knowledge of mechanical fabrication and quality control principles desirable
- Previous experience with hand tools such as micrometers, calipers and optical laboratory microscopes is required.
- Intermediate mathematical skills, understanding of precision machined surfaces, and geometry is required.
- Experience using CAM software is preferred.
- Optical component, system alignment, and assembly experience is a plus
- US Citizenship required for ITAR regulations
High School/Secondary School