This closed position was filled. Check out our Jobs Search Page for our current open positions similar to this one.
|Job Location:||Mt Wellington, Auckland - New Zealand|
|Salary:||$28.00 - $40.00 - New Zealand Dollars - Hourly|
|Other Compensation:||28-40 hr-depending on skill set, guaranteed 40hr week|
|Employer Will Recruit From:||
English written and oral required
Fully Qualified diesel technicians, must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, franchise / brand trained.
Need proof of certificates and training.
Would like full heavy truck license.
Would look at diesel road truck, or earth moving equipment and forklift/container handling technicians.
Day to Day Duties:
• Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
• Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
• Corrects vehicle deficiencies.
• Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
• Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
• Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements;
- Correcting vehicle deficiencies;
- Making adjustments and alignments;
- Keeping records
- Electrical diagnostics
- Engine and gearbox internal knowledge
- Have the ability to work on all faults of the vehicle bumper to bumper.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Qualified through and apprenticeship
- Franchise training
- Mechanical breakdown knowledge
- Ability to work autonomously
- Supply Management
- Mechanical Inspection Tools
- Technical Understanding
- Attention to Detail
- Verbal Communication