Director Of Operations
|Cleveland, Ohio - United States
$140,000.00 - $180,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|20% bonus and stock options
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a Director role reporting to the President of a 200M dollar division of an 8 B dollar public company. They are looking for someone who wants to be president of one of their business units in the next 4-6 years. They have locations across the country and 4 in NE OH.
The Director of Operations is responsible for providing strategic management and leadership for operational functions, including Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain and material control, assembley/testing, production, EHS and S/R in order to achieve positive business results through emphasis on profitable new business, productivity, and value-based pricing value drivers. This position is directly responsible for development and implementation of a strategic vision for operations and partnering with other functional leaders to ensure on-time delivery performance, quality, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Partner with Human Resources, Engineering, Finance and Quality to create and maintain a culture of employee relations practices that promote union avoidance, including but not limited to the development of policies, practices, benefits, and employee activities.
- Collaborate with the EHS Manager to develop and implement policies, practices, and oversight to ensure a safe, effective work environment, in compliance with Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements, such as EEOC, OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Lead, provide direction to, and development of direct reports in order to maximize business results, establish succession candidates, and provide career opportunities for employees.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team and contribute to establishing the company’s strategic direction.
- Support business unit team activity by developing and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships internally to promote root cause problem-solving, responsive communication, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Continually improve operational performance by seeking new methods, procedures, processes, and materials.
- Lead development and implementation of processes to ensure effective utilization, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness in manufacturing to maximize capacity and manage overtime for cost and employee relations, while ensuring on-time delivery to customers.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for the Supply Chain function to ensure regulatory and internal compliance and to support achievement of company profit, on-time delivery, quality, and other goals.
- Oversee the establishment of staffing requirements and ensure adequate staffing to support business needs while meeting plan.
- Lead the development and administration of any manufacturing-related policies and practices.
- Establish budgets and budget controls for departments, processes, equipment and facilities, including budgets for staffing and capital expenditures.
- Provide leadership for process engineering and maintenance with focus on safety, lean, quality, and productivity, and continuous improvement projects and activities.
- Partner with Quality department personnel to institute and maintain a quality assurance and improvement strategy with emphasis on improving material and process quality in order to reduce/eliminate material over-runs, re-runs, rejects, and scrap.
- Establish, maintain, and continuously improve systems to schedule and monitor all production orders and provide timely and accurate information to support customer satisfaction. Exploit the ERP system and/or other information technology to minimize manual tasks to track and update related information.
- Coordinate and ensure effective execution of any projects associated with areas of responsibility.
- Complete all required reports within established time, developing and participating in scheduled business update presentations.
- Manage the annual performance review and merit increase process, and ensure timely and meaningful completion of reviews for direct and indirect reports.
The ideal candidate will have :
- 10 years of years of experience in a manufacturing operation in a high mix/low volume, manual assembly and test environment
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience, preferably with multi-function oversight
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Engineering, with a Master Degree preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to develop and maintain multi-level relationships, lead, and work effectively with a team, and function on an independent basis
- Business oriented, with ability to understand and apply cross-functional business concepts and make ethical decisions in the mutual best interest of the customer and Schneller
- Solid verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, and technical systems.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree