Director Of Operations
|Valencia, California - United States
$140,000.00 - $180,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
|20% bonus and stock options
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a Director role reporting to the President of a 200M dollar division of an 7 B dollar public company. They are looking for someone who wants to be president of one of their business units in the next 4-6 years. They have 55 US locations to which you can be promoted.
The Director of Operations is responsible for providing strategic management and leadership for operational functions, including Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain and material control, assembley/testing, production, EHS and S/R in order to achieve positive business results through emphasis on profitable new business, productivity, and value-based pricing value drivers. This position is directly responsible for development and implementation of a strategic vision for operations and partnering with other functional leaders to ensure on-time delivery performance, quality, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Partner with Human Resources, Engineering, Finance and Quality to create and maintain a culture of employee relations practices including but not limited to the development of policies, practices, benefits, and employee activities.
- Collaborate with the EHS Manager to develop and implement policies, practices, and oversight to ensure a safe, effective work environment, in compliance with Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements, such as EEOC, OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Lead, provide direction to, and development of direct reports in order to maximize business results, establish succession candidates, and provide career opportunities for employees.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team and contribute to establishing the company's strategic direction.
- Support business unit team activity by developing and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships internally to promote root cause problem-solving, responsive communication, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Continually improve operational performance by seeking new methods, procedures, processes, and materials.
- Lead development and implementation of processes to ensure effective utilization, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness in manufacturing to maximize capacity and manage overtime for cost and employee relations, while ensuring on-time delivery to customers.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for the Supply Chain function to ensure regulatory and internal compliance and to support achievement of company profit, on-time delivery, quality, and other goals.
- Oversee the establishment of staffing requirements and ensure adequate staffing to support business needs while meeting plan.
- Lead the development and administration of any manufacturing-related policies and practices.
- Establish budgets and budget controls for departments, processes, equipment and facilities, including budgets for staffing and capital expenditures.
- Provide leadership for process engineering and maintenance with focus on safety, lean, quality, and productivity, and continuous improvement projects and activities.
- Partner with Quality department personnel to institute and maintain a quality assurance and improvement strategy with emphasis on improving material and process quality in order to reduce/eliminate material over-runs, re-runs, rejects, and scrap.
- Establish, maintain, and continuously improve systems to schedule and monitor all production orders and provide timely and accurate information to support customer satisfaction. Exploit the ERP system and/or other information technology to minimize manual tasks to track and update related information.
- Coordinate and ensure effective execution of any projects associated with areas of responsibility.
- Complete all required reports within established time, developing and participating in scheduled business update presentations.
- Manage the annual performance review and merit increase process, and ensure timely and meaningful completion of reviews for direct and indirect reports.
The ideal candidate will have :
- 10 years of years of experience in a manufacturing operation in a high mix/low volume, manual assembly and test environment
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience, preferably with multi-function oversight
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Engineering, with a Master Degree preferred
- Metric Driven
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to develop and maintain multi-level relationships, lead, and work effectively with a team, and function on an independent basis
- Business oriented, with ability to understand and apply cross-functional business concepts and make ethical decisions in the mutual best interest of the customer and company
- P/L responsibility
- Solid verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, and technical systems.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree