Director - Data Governance
|Atlanta, Georgia - United States
$150,000.00 - $255,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Director - Data Governance: Opportunity Overview
An effective candidate for the Director - Data Governance opportunity will have hands-on experience executing data governance policies, data stewardship programs and data quality monitoring. This crucial role requires applicable in-depth exposure to regulations and a knowledge of CFPB, DFAST CCAR, Liquidity and Risk. The qualified candidate will lead a team to expand the capabilities of the existing data governance framework and elevate the program status within the client financial institution.
Highlighted Duties & Tasks
Data Governance and Stewardship:
- Data management & Data Architecture focus.
- Outstanding communication and facilitation skills.
- Produce and lead governance forums to guarantee standards, policies and processes are effective and producing wanted outcomes.
- Create ownership and controls to actively monitor excellence and quality.
- Create and drive the progression of data quality monitoring and exception reporting for vital enterprise data.
- Develop standards, policies and processes to augment quality.
- Collaborate with peers across the risk platform to deliver on the all-encompassing framework.
- Stay up-to-date and informed on emerging practices for improving data governance practices.
- Advance framework, metrics and reporting to guarantee progress can be measured, evaluated and continually enhanced.
- Regulatory Risk, Credit Risk and Enterprise Risk.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
Basic Qualifications of the Director - Data Governance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ more years of experience in data governance strategy, planning, and/or policy
- A trusted partner with experiencing creating alliances and builds trusted associations with peers across technology and the stakeholder.
- Cooperates across multi-functional teams to drive answerability, progress quality and change behaviors.
- Outstanding communication skills; both written and verbal in conveying vision and the practical tactics for accomplishing measurable and dependable improvement.
- Realistic in approach to governance, stewardship and quality signifying value.
- Ability to navigate organizational restrictions to gain support, build credibility and break down walls.
- Comprehensive experience in producing, driving and leading enterprise level data governance labors.
- Results motivated and sets aggressive goals and is answerable for unceasingly driving improved outcomes, leading change and guaranteeing high standards.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree