Director of Engineering - LED products
|Los Angeles, California - United States
$160,000.00 - $180,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This company is one of the leading innovative providers of LED products in North America. They design, manufacture and distribute residential and commercial Downlighting LED Fixtures with Interchangeable LED Lighting Modules...They are dedicated to designing and manufacturing products that are stylish, energy-efficient and functional. Their company is continually innovating luminaries that challenge their industry's paradigms. They have established an environment which welcomes creativity and out of the box thinking.
They are an Engineering driven company located in suburbs of Los Angeles. I am working directly with the President of the company as an exclusive search.
Canidates have to working solid knowlege of Power Electronics
Relocation assistance provided
They will sponsor an H1B Transfer
- Plans and directs all aspects of engineering activities and projects
- Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with DMF’s established policies and objectives.
- Actively takes part in the design process and approval of design concepts
- Utilizes best practice engineering methods and provides expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives.
- Incorporates components, materials, and tools that result in cost-effective and quality output. Manages overall engineering budget and costs.
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations effective achievement of objectives
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements
- Responsible for hire/fire decisions
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company
- Responsible for managing people, including training, succession planning, performance evaluations, and merit planning
- Responsible for aligning business objectives and strategies with engineering capabilities and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Master’s degree in engineering preferred
- Must have be well versed in analog or digital and have strong knowledge of Power Electronics
- 5 – 10 years of management experience within engineering
- Hands-on experience with electrical and mechanical products, assembly, and qualification testing
- Expert knowledge of Solidworks
- Experience with DFM and professional with GD&T
- Familiar with material properties from plastics to Aluminum and other metals.
- Familiar with the UL/ETL certification and NEC and building codes for lighting applications is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree