Director of Engineering
|Medford, Massachusetts - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Newly created position with growing, privately held company. We seek a "hands-on" technical leader with enterprise architecture experience, software engineering, development, etc.
It would be fantastic if someone had experience with Natural Language Process.
As the ideal candidate, you will design and deliver IT solutions to support business strategy objectives. The Director Engineering will have Natural Language Process experience, work “hands on” in the IT area, and also establish when to use strategic outsourced resources to deliver products and services to both internal employees and external clients.
Our client is a U.S based specializes in providing medical, engineering, and technical translation services in all the major European and Asian languages with clients ranging from Fortune 500 pharmaceuticals to start-up technology companies!
- Partners with business leaders to act as an advisor to IT strategic planning efforts
- Oversee the development of a RoR-based ERP system
- Ability and experience to see the “big picture” and enable effective decision-making
- Ability to oversee (manage a plus) the System Architecture and see the full ERP Picture
- Manage a department consisting of several in-house developers and IT staff, as well as contractors;
- Management of IT systems, tools and services in support of corporate operations
- Enhance existing applications and systems to meet needs of rapidly growing company
- Lead and negotiate sourcing strategy for IT services
- Develop and maintain high-availability access to systems
- Manage and direct vendors or employees in supporting IT objectives
- Create and implement controls, structure best practices and ensure ISO and GDPR compliance
- Create a service oriented culture in IT
- Proven ability to meet budgetary constraints, timelines and meet or exceed user requirements
- Work in a small rapidly growing environment and help position the company for future growth and capacity
- Design a technology roadmap to support business objectives
- 5-7 years of hands-on IT experience
- 1-3 years in a leadership role
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, MA or MS are preferred;
- Broad technical experience including application development
- A Strategic thinker, understands Agile Methodology and has experience fully owning production systems
- Strong Product Management Experience
- Enterprise Architect
- Ruby, Rails, Rails action cable for web socket communication, Rails active storage that facilitates file upload to cloud storage services, PostgreSQL, Web server (Nginx), Passenger, Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Ruby/RoR applications to other services.
- Amazon web services (like EC2 with Linux ami, SES, S3, RDS, Server log management)
- Automatic deployment using Capistrano, Test driven development using Rspec, Continuous Integration, Git, GITHub, Code Refacterings, Code review process, Jira for project management,
- A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design, Web Security policies, Design principles,
- SCRUM, Ruby mine as Rails IDE etc.
- Should be able to understand CLIENTS system like (Ricas, Vendor Portal, R3, Client Portal etc.) and communicate with all team members
- Ability to view problems from a business perspective and to implement “user friendly” IT solutions
- Demonstrated and willingness to communicate effectively with non-technical customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Financial budgetary experience and excellent negotiation skills
- Customer focused (internal and external)
- Lives in or willing to relocate to Medford/Boston area
The company will only employ candidates who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree