Director of Engineering
|Syracuse, New York - United States
$150,000.00 - $175,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- High Growth focus business
- High Tech automation company
- 140 employees - 22 (12 EE's and 10 ME's)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Health, Dental,Vision)
- 401k match 25% up to first 6%
- Bonus Program available
- PTO negotiable based on past
- Employee recognition for work and ideas/opinions valued
- WINNING!!! Have FUN but role up sleeves when work needs to be taken care of results in Employee Events (appreciation) Summer picnics, Holiday party, luncheons
Hi-Tech automation company in Syracuse, NY is looking for a Director of Engineering who is responsible for the leadership, structure, planning, management and coordination of all projects and activities of the Engineering Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, inspire, plan, direct and manage the coordination and overall integration of activities for engineering projects.
- Oversee annual employee performance reviews for the Engineering staff including recommendations for salary adjustments, performance improvements, and goal setting.
- Travel to current and prospective customer locations throughout North America to collaborate with commercial teams on identifying possible solutions and opportunities.
- Monitor Departmental Expenses to Budget and propose new annual departmental budgets annually.
- Collaborate with Management, Production, and Sales/Apps teams on project proposals and quotes.
- Manage project schedules and assure timely delivery of all solutions and initiatives.
- Work with Manufacturing and Procurement for material acquisition, and production including assurance of proper and complete documentation, training and instruction as required.
- BS in Engineering is required.
- 5-10 years leadership experience with team of 15+.
- Experience in the automated machinery design/build industry.
- Proficient in the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, layouts, and models.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree