Director of Enterprise Data
|Tempe, Arizona - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Pioneer in the FinTech space. Bank has grown from $40B in assets to $116B in assets in 3 years during COVID.
Huge opportunity for upward mobility.
Director of Enterprise Data
The Company is looking for highly talented hands-on Technical Leader to lead our to provide technical and thought leadership to programs across the enterprise. This ideal candidate for this role has experience in designing large scale data and data-centric systems in a regulated industry. The role has a wide, enterprise view and will be the key person responsible for tracking the sources, canonical view, movement, and interfaces of data assets across a range of The Company’s systems.
The person in this role will be a Role model and mentor, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community Supporters, both internally and externally. The person is part of a team that enables transformation across the enterprise and as such must be a strong technical leader who will gain the trust and confidence of those around them, from hands on analysts and engineers to executive Engineering leaders.
- Map the sources, transformation, and interfaces of critical data through the enterprise
- Design the storage, movement, and processing patterns that will align to our technology vision
- Build the canonical data definitions and views for key systems, in close collaboration with business owners.
- Build foundational patterns which mitigate risk, improve data quality, and support compliance
- Leverage sound judgment and problem solving to tackle some of The Company’s most important data management problems and connect the dots to broader implications of the work
- Build awareness, increase knowledge sharing and drive adoption of modern technologies and architecture patterns in this domain
- Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
- Operate as a trusted advisor for data transformation and machine learning ecosystem, helping to shape use cases and implementation in an integrated manner
- Bring in a larger context to multiple software teams across multiple lines of business and guide their architecture evolution in response to business changes
- Masters' Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 15 years of leading & managing software development, solutions architecture, or architect roles
- 8+ years of experience leading the delivery of IT services and solutions.
- Certified Expert on AWS, Architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform
- 10+ years of experience in designing, developing, and architecting enterprise data systems
- 10+ years with distributed data management, data storage including databases (Relational, NoSQL), data analysis, data processing, data transformation, high availability, and scalability
- 5+ years of leveraging Agile methodologies
- Excellent presentation skills for large audiences, both internally and externally to C-Suite.
- Proven leadership experience managing technology teams.
- Strong mentor and coaching abilities to ensure effective growth plans of technology teams.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions
- Ability to manage multiple parallel workstreams and application modernization initiatives
- Strong leadership with great communication skills
- Data Architecture, Relational. MpSQL, Data Analytics,
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree