Director of Financial Reporting
|Hempstead, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Tremendous growth opportunity.
Excellent culture with focus on work / life balance.
The Position: Director of Financial Reporting
Reporting to the Controller, client seeks a Financial Reporting Director. The scope of this role is to Perform accounting review and monthly and quarterly financial reporting functions for the increased reporting needs required with the new line of business.
- Review of Annual and Quarterly Financial Statements and related exhibits, analyses and reports for various State regulatory authorities.
- Review of the Audited Statutory and Consolidated GAAP financial statements, including preparation of footnotes for new accounting pronouncements.
- Prepare/review the quarterly tax provisions, both on a statutory and GAAP basis.
- Review annual corporate tax returns and calculations of quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Research tax and accounting implications of various transactions, including state tax specific rules for employers.
- Development and execution of tax reporting process (1099’s, 3rd Party Sick Pay, new Disability/Paid Family Leave regulations, etc.) in conjunction with external advisors (legal, regulatory and tax).
- Respond to external and internal auditor requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance with 5+ years of general ledger accounting experience.
- Experience in Statutory and GAAP accounting in the Life/A&H insurance industry required.
- CPA and/or graduate degree in Accounting/Finance a plus.
- Knowledge of EAS Sungard General Ledger program or comparable program.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Excel skills
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree