Director of Innovation - Sensors - Electronic Systems
|Charlotte, North Carolina - United States
$120,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Director of Innovation who will be instrumental in shaping the company’s technical vision by leading technology networking, and supporting business capture, product innovation, and strategic planning.
The Director of Innovation will play an integral role in the company’s strategic technical direction, development, and future growth. The ideal candidate has market and domain experience related to chemical, biological, and explosive threat detection and a background in leading organizations renowned for innovating and fielding high-tech products.
- Network with government, industry, and academia partners to identify emerging technologies and align them with emerging or existing customer requirements.
- Conduct research and case studies on leading edge technologies and make determinations on their probability of implementation.
- Generate and present business case analyses to company leadership to request internal funding in support of strategic technology initiatives.
- Present (quarterly) status updates to senior company leadership
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as engineering, marketing, production and operations as an adviser of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide technology guidance to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission, and values.
- Acts as a good steward of the company’s resources and ensure control of departmental budgets.
- Develop, execute, and manage a comprehensive IP strategy, working closely with relevant departments and individuals.
- Support standards, methods, and procedures to ensure that products are developed in accordance with the highest regulatory and quality standards.
- Anticipate and respond to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company’s competitive leadership.
- Lead/support proposal development activities within the business capture process for new or modified contracts.
- Approve, track, and report all appropriate project expenditures.
Bachelor’s in Engineering or other Science related discipline; MS or PhD preferred.
12+ years of technical leadership experience with demonstrated ability to launch successful new products and programs
5+ developing complex, integrated electronics or sensor systems in military or aerospace development environment
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree