Director of Manufacturing Operations
|Memphis, Tennessee - United States
$150,000.00 - $175,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Director of Manufacturing Operations
This position will plan, direct, and manage multiple manufacturing operations (currently 2) to ensure optimum utilization of assets and to achieve safe, low cost, efficient manufacturing processes capable of meeting customers’ volume, quality, and service requirements. This leadership role is responsible for delivering on all aspects of production operations including receiving, batching, filling, packaging, safety, quality, and employee development.
This role will ensure effective deployment of both human resources and physical assets. You will develop a high-performance manufacturing organization to support business needs and work closely with other functions to achieve business objectives. Works under the general direction of Vice President with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment in all day-to-day activities and projects; includes responsibility for the management and performance of direct and indirect staff.
Areas: Safety, Quality, Plant production efficiency, Cost, Employee Training & Development, and Performance Management
- Develops and executes short and long-term objectives and strategies to improve safety, quality, efficiency, and overall manufacturing plant performance; develops and implements appropriate performance metrics aligned with TPM (Total productive Maintenance) methodology
- Ensures production goals are met at lowest cost, in a safe environment while meeting all customer requirements.
- Optimizes yields (product to raw material ratios, process loss), throughput, equipment utilization, and balances work cell capacity/loading across the plant.
- Identifies capital needs for capital investments and improvement projects.
- Develops and monitor department budget; document and explain any variances to budget; plan future manpower, space, and equipment requirements.
- Leads and participates in cross functional teams to facilitate improved business practices and processes to achieve efficiencies at best cost.
- Develops and manages budget; explains variances, develops, and implements solutions to reduce cost.
- Provides leadership to employees to develop a high performing team of employees; manages performance through effective communications, coaching and development activities; practices effective performance management by establishing measurable objectives for employees and providing ongoing feedback; rewards excellence and deals quickly with performance issues.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate improvements and improved working relationships.
- Performs all work in accordance with the Company’s safety and quality guidelines and procedures; demonstrates clear understanding of these safety and quality objectives.
- Assures compliance with state and federal regulations; maintains safe working conditions and practices in the plants; works closely with HSE organization to minimize number of safety accidents; fosters a “zero” accident culture
- Oversees proper management of hazardous waste generated by operations and works to reduce all waste with an aspirational goal of being a zero-waste operation
- Interfaces with Sales and Marketing, Planning, Sourcing/Purchasing, and other departments to define support requirements and to ensure the efficient production of products; assists in finding the best balance between in-stock availability of product and low inventory investment.
- Performs other duties and special projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sciences, Operations Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum ten to fifteen years of progressively responsible experience in manufacturing operations preferably in CPG environment.
- Strong working knowledge and hands on experience of implementing TPM highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Autonomous Maintenance, Planned Maintenance, Focused Improvement and Training & Development Pillars highly desirable.
- Some travel required
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree