Director of Nursing - Critical Care
|Watertown, New York - United States
$90,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Located in New York State’s magnificent North Country, this Medical Center is in Watertown, NY which has a rich history and experience of helping families stay healthy through outstanding, compassionate, state-of-the-art medical care.
Director of Nursing - Critical Care - OPENING!
- Plans, coordinates and directs care for patients being seen in the Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit and Progressive Care Unit.
- Responsible for overall performance improvement, operational performance and budgetary compliance, in accordance with the Organization’s mission and vision.
- Collaborates with Emergency Department and Critical Care medical leadership to assure quality evidenced based care is provided.
- Establishes a rapport with community emergency services agencies.
Minimum Education Requirement:
Master’s degree required and formal education as a Registered Nurse is required.
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- A minimum of eight years clinical experience in progressive nursing level positions at a health care institution.
- Emergency Department experience preferred.
- Five years experience in a supervisory/management role. Must have a thorough knowledge of critical care nursing practices and principles.
- Must be knowledgeable of new trends in clinical practice, and be able to apply data and analyze issues to ensure continuous improvement of practice.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer including spreadsheet analysis, presentation graphics and word processing.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization, patients, families and external individuals, groups and agencies.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, simultaneously handle multiple projects and make appropriate decisions to assure completion of tasks on time.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to undertake new responsibilities as assigned. Ability to work under stress.
- Ability to solve problems of a complex nature.
- Professional maturity and demeanor that daily sets the tone in carrying out the responsibilities of the position and to represent the organization to internal and external constituents.
- High degree of honesty, integrity and confidentiality.
Minimum License Requirement:
Current NYS RN license.
Current NYS RN license. Master’s degree required and formal education as a Registered Nurse is required.
University - Master's Degree